questions, long but please read

djjdd_man
on 7/11/11 2:07 am - Hinsdale, NY
I am wondering if I would qualify for any type of revision.  I feel like a huge failure, although my pics show an amaizing difference.  I know I did some things wrong the first time and in the last month I have done everything to change these bad habbits that I should have never started in the first place.  One thing I did was stopped going to the Dr.  I have not been back to my Dr. in 2 years at least.  I had my surgery in 2007.  Another thing I did was started drinking durring meals again.  Another thing I did was started drinking soda again.  Another thing I did was got extrememly addicted to ice cappachino's from Tim Horton's.  I would go DAILY to get them, sometimes 2-3 times a day.  Extrememly expensive but I did this anyway.  I would have diareah (spelling?) with extreme pain within 20 minutes after I drank them but I still did this.  I am very bad about eating too fast and getting extremely full within a fw bites but then being hungry again within 30 minutes and going and doing the same thng all over. Yes as you can see I have brought this back on myself.  I have not been doing allof this at all though in like the last month and I went back to my primary care Dr. because of some very bad pain that I have been having and I have gained weight since I stopped doing all of this.  he says it may be water weight.  I have been drinking some major water lately which is another thing that I had stopped.  OK sorry for being so long but I realy need to figure out how to get back on track.  This depresses me extremely bad.  Should I see about a revision or should I go back and see what my WLS Dr. says or what.  I started out at 275, I got down to 180, I am now at 204.  I am thinking I had the mini rny but not sure it may have been the rny.  (hmmm, thinking I have answared my own ?, acll WLS Dr.)  I am also concerned that the pain I have been having may be caused by something internally. I have extreme pain in my back on the left hand side right about where my kidneys are. It radiates around to the front right under my rib bones.  When I eat the pain gets much worse.  When I lay down the pain is so bad it put's me in tears.  I went to the chyropractor, he says I do need to have some stuff done with my back but he thinks there is something going on internally.  He won't put it bac****il I am cleared of nything going on internally.  I went back to  primary care Dr., she just gave me Loratab and did a urine sample to make sure the UTI that I had was gone.  She called and said yes the UTI is gone.  Well what is this pain from?  Sometimes I feel it as far over as right in the center of my chest right above my RNY scar.  I don't know what to do, feel like an extreme failure.
raingal
on 7/12/11 3:43 pm - Surrey, Canada
First of all, you need to forgive yourself for slipping on your program.  Self-recriminations never got anyone anywhere.  You are human, and this is your addiction; many addicts slip any number of times before they achieve full success.  It sounds like you are getting back on track, so just try and commit to that and take it one day at a time.

Second, I don't know anything about the pain you are experiencing, but all I want to say is if I were having pain like that, I would go to another doctor and get a referral for diagnostic testing (I don't know what would be appropriate - endoscopy? X-ray?  MRI?).  How are you supposed to live with pain so bad you cry when you lie down?

I hope you get your answer and some relief soon.  Please reply when you find out what the problem is.
Banded 6/17/2008
Band-to-sleeve revision 6/17/2011 - Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon

Lisa N.
on 7/13/11 3:00 am - Williston Park, NY
Don't feel like a failure.  I was not compliant  after my first surgery.   Where in NY do you live? I live on Long Island and I went to Dr. Roslin in NYC and he is top revision surgeon. He also operates in Westchester. I had my revision surgery with him last Nov.  I went from an RNY back to an RNY b/c my pouch was made too low during the first surgery.  He found after all of my testing that my pouch and my stoma had stretched.
So we went for a full revision.  You might want to go back to your surgeon so you can get checked out to see why you are having so much pain.  But don't feel like a failure.  Things happen.  I remember Dr. Roslin telling me that it wasn't about compliance with me.

Lisa
smileyjamie72
on 7/13/11 6:51 am - Palmer, AK

Do you still have your gallbladder?

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11