Lap Band is GONE!!

LAGORDITA
on 8/5/11 11:36 am
The band came out on Monday morning at 9am and I was home by 4pm. Dr. Dakin at NY Presbyterian did an awesome job! I have 7 incisions and one of them is in my belly button. The first and second day were extremely painful and i was taking the pain killers every 4 hours on the hour.

Today Friday I was able to go for a walk to the drugstore 3 blocks from my apartment. I walked slow and easy and made it with just a small light headed episode.

I am so glad to be rid of the band! The left arm pain that plagued me for 4 years is gone!!! such a relief!

I have post-op on August 23rd and  I find out the damage to my esophagus if any.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, I made it!!

Oh, I will not be revising to anything else in the future. I can't go through this one more time. It hurts way too much!
Band to DS
on 8/5/11 10:58 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:25 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Spiritus
on 8/8/11 4:02 am - Hawthorne, CA

Hola LaGordita!

We use to be pals years ago on the LB board!  Glad to hear your band is out!  I had my band removed in February and am going in for a Sleeve this Wednesday.  I can understand your reluctance to trying again, especially being so fresh from surgery....I thought the same way too....but I learned otherwise that I do need help.  I need permanent help and it made sense that the sleeve is the way to go.

It isn't easy getting rid of the band...I honestly believe it hurt a heck of a lot more having it removed than it ever was having it installed.  Take time and rest your tummy, it may still feel like you have restriction but that would be from scar tissue.  My scar tissue is gone and as a result I gained some weight back because darn it, I could now eat without getting sick!

I wish you the best in the future.  After a few months, if you want to check around what is available...check out the VSG board or PM me!  I would love to friends!

~Vickie

Most Active
Recent Topics