Revision under Federal BCBS??

LostInMyself
on 8/9/11 12:40 pm
Hi all! I am looking for anyone that could possibly share their experience with getting a revision covered under Fed. BCBS.. The standards have changed since I had my lap band in 07 and now it has slipped.. If you have had a revision recently did BCBS make you ump through all the hoops or just basically give a go ahead once they saw how the slip was impacting you? I am miserable and need some relief from this awful band soon.  Thanks for any insight.
Jeannie 
CindyLyn
on 8/10/11 2:25 pm - Evadale, TX
I am having revision from Band to Sleeve on August 16.  I have Fed Blue. 
I had to do three months surpervised diet, Psych evaluation, plus I had to meet all the criteria as the first surgery.  I had to do one appeal but I eventually got approved.  Mine was deemed medically necessary but I had only one co morbidity and my BMI is 38.   I had Lap Band in 07 and was approved in less then 2 weeks.  This time around it took me about 4 months.  It sounds to me like you will not get the run around like I did because yours sounds like it will be deemed medically necessary from the start.   Good luck.  I hope they are kind to you and give you some relief.

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

LostInMyself
on 8/11/11 11:06 am
Thank you so much for the reply! I have all of the requirements except the 3 month supervised diet, I am hoping since my lap band is sitting on my esophagus that BCBS will be kind and let me skip that part.  I hope your surgery goes well for you. Take care
Jeannie
LostInMyself
on 8/12/11 5:01 am
I Just got a call from my surgeon and i am approved!!!! I am thrilled. Thank you again for sharing your info with me 
Most Active
Recent Topics