TN Revision

jeninky1
on 8/18/11 12:16 pm - Berea, KY
Okay I know this has been said a 1,000 times but want to ask again.
Anyone had DS at Knoxville and/or Nashville or went to both Seminars??

I went to Knoxville's and I seem to really like them but hear that once you have the
surgery you never see the doctor again?

Yes I a revision from RYN to DS

Any help and tips would be great! I have been reading and I know it is a serious
surgery. My RYN was serious surgery as well. So is this far worse than that surgery?

I would really bounce questions off someone that has had DS and/or revision.

thanks for your input and for taking the time to read this.

Knowledge is POWER!

mini hugs
JenniferKy
Ladytazz
on 8/19/11 3:51 pm
You might want to ask this on the DS board.  This board can be a little quiet at times.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MsBatt
on 8/20/11 5:25 am
There are only a handful of surgeons qualified to do a revision from an RNY to a DS, and none of them are in TN. You'll need to see Keshishian or Rabkin in CA, Gagner in Montreal (I believe, ) Greenbaum in NJ, Roslin in NY, or possibly one or two others. Again, no one in TN does this very complicated revision procedure.
jeninky1
on 8/23/11 6:40 am - Berea, KY

When I went to the seminar and spoke with Dr. Boyce he stated that he has done them and does do them.
we shall see I have an appointment to see him in Sept.

MsBatt
on 8/23/11 8:06 am
Hummm...be VERY cautious here.

Dr. Boyce has only been doing 'virgin' DSes for about a year now. I personally would NOT want to have an RNY-to-DS revision done by someone who's not had a TON of previous experience.

Make sure he's offering a 'true' RNY-to-DS revision---make sure he intends to take down your RNY pouch and sew it back to your remnant stomach, then do a vertical sleeve gastrectomy, putting your pylorus back in play. If he's NOT going to do this VERY COMPLICATED stomach re-do, then you won't really be getting a DS, but an ERNY---Extended RNY.
Most Active