Will, Beneficiaris and NERVES

Lisa G.
on 8/25/11 4:23 am - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
Okay-my surgery is Monday and I am a bundle of nerves.  I have done a few things in preparation if things don't go right-has anyone else done this?  I made sure my will is current and my benficiaries are current, and have written letters to my kids and family just "in case".  I have faith in God and my surgeon is one of the best around-he takes all kinds of precautions (as I'm sure most surgeons do).  Does anyone have any secrets for getting the nerves under control?  I pray and do my breathing exercises, I was nervous on my last wls surgery but not this much.  Any advice would be welcome-thanks!!!
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 5:02 am
You are doing all the right things.  I can tell you to relax but you won't!  It is normal to be nervous, I'd be concerned if you weren't.

I was terrified going into the Band surgery and I'll be terrified going into my DS.  But you have to trust your physician (or cancel and get a new one - pronto). and put your faith in God. 

Then my dear, take a deep breath, close your eyes and leap. 

Best of luck in your journey and with your revision.  Wishing you a tremendously boring recovery.  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics