Update & Questions ??? Weight loss after Revision

blessme11
on 11/30/11 12:57 am
RNY on 10/11/11 with

I  had my revision from Lap band to RNY on 10/11/11 .... and if you start from the 2wks pre-op diet before your surgery .. as of today , I have lost a total of 28 pounds ... my start weight was 257, and I am now 229.......... but for the past week I have been at this stall !  and I think it is my past failure with the lap band that is creeping back into my head .. and wondering if  this is it ???? will the weight stop coming off like it did with lap band ... I can say that I do love my RNY , and not having the feeling like I am chocking all the time ...... I have once from eating to fast since my revision ... but even then it was not as painful when  you vomit with the lap band ... I think I am just so nervous that I don't want to do anything wrong .. just like when I ate to fast and vomit , because I don't want to stretch my pouch  with vomiting or over eating ....  I was thinking did  I cause something wrong, did I damage something ..

I am keeping my meals to 3-4oz only ,and not going over that , I take my vitamins, and I have to admit  I have not done good with my protein shakes the past week , but I do have protein with every meal ...  I don't know if anyone else has faced this with still having the it may not be successful like lap band" thoughts "??  Also do you lose slower with a revision ? and  for any people that have had a revision from lap band to RNY, in a year's time what has been your weight lost ...??? Because I really want my  100 this time

biggybaby2004
on 11/30/11 7:09 am - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
well i had my revision on sept 20th.i'm over 2 months out and i'm havin the same problem.i'm stalled and afraid of not starteding to loss again.i had something called a v.b.g. vertical banded gastopastic...differnet then the lap band.but now i can't even throw up.cause i have a ulcer and it won't let me bring up anything.so i suffer untill it goes down...i've been told by alot of people that it will start coming back off. but i'm still goin to talk to the dr.and see what they think...i have lost quit a bit of weight.i was told that when we stopped lossin it's just our body trying to caugh up with our body that we have now.i've been very depressed about this. but i see a theripist once a week and she has helped.and the receptionist had the gastric bypass 2 yrs.ago and she talks to me if i have any questions.so don't give in to ur bad feelings.all it will do is cause u to just want to give up and u can't do that.stay strong.call ur dr.and talk to them and be honest about everything.that's the only way to over come the feelings u have.and thank you,because i thought i was the only one.so keep goin.u will get there

biggybaby2004

blessme11
on 12/2/11 1:45 am
RNY on 10/11/11 with
Thanks, and you were right , I spoke  with my Dr. yesterday ... and he said that I am right on track , and with this surgery ... I am going to have dips ...and straight lines ... for two weeks I may drop weight , and the  third & forth I may not .. or I may lose my whole second, third month , and stall at the fourth month .... So , you are right .... I just have to be patience , and it will come in time ...
Libby0218
on 12/1/11 8:15 am - TX
I had revision on 10-24. My surgeon did tell me that I will lose more slowly than a "first time" RNY patient. I think your 28 pounds is awesome! You are right on target I think!

blessme11
on 12/2/11 1:46 am
RNY on 10/11/11 with
Thanks , I just spoke with my Dr. yesterday ... and he said the same thing .. that it may be a little slower , but it will come ... Thanks Again !
Most Active
Recent Topics