I think I have made a revision decision...lol

clpeltz
on 12/30/11 3:44 am
On December 30, 2011 at 11:29 AM Pacific Time, stormechaser wrote:

That is where I have confliciting information. I have been reading like a maniac and what I see says that if they re-sleeve me, it may cause problems with stomach elasticity-something to the effect of a balloon that has been blown up too much and is thinned out and unstable. Not the best analogy, but I am at work and don't have my research file available. 

If I could be safely re-sleeved, and safely switched, that could be a potential revision idea.

Thanks!

It can be done...you just need a competent surgeon.  I don't think your surgeon would be able to do it.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

* Nicole *
on 12/29/11 10:55 pm
Hey there Girly,

I'm being nice cause I like you.

BUT the DS is not a two stage procedure. Only certain surgeons do this, some for medical reasons but the Ds works best when done in one fail swoop. 
Jolly Rancher
on 12/30/11 12:45 am
Not trying to speak for Dana, but she was just quoting what the OP had said in her previous post.

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
* Nicole *
on 12/30/11 1:10 am
Yeah didnt catch that in the OPs post. Too much crap going on at work.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

cajungirl
on 12/30/11 12:18 am
Oops Nicole, I know that I should have Quoted the OP the first part of my reply was a copy of the OPs original thread.

How are you doing?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

* Nicole *
on 12/30/11 1:09 am
No problem, I didnt catch that in that post or else I wouldnt have said nuffin,lol.

Im doing ok, past two days have been interesting for me, lol. How about you?

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

stormechaser
on 12/30/11 3:36 am
DS on 06/08/17
Aww..thanks :)

Yeah, hindsight tells me I should have had either an RNY or DS to start with. Money and insurance played a huge role in that decison. I have a preferred surgeon, but I am open to others. However, I will still meet with Dr. Chand if for no other reason than to have him evaluate me and my current situation.

Thanks for the input!

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/29/11 10:09 pm
You have very wrong information about too many things for someone who has done ANY research. 

Your surgeon does NOT do DS according to HIS information. 

The DS is NOT done is two part by and competent surgeons, unless it's a new surgeon that doesn't know the procedure well enough or you are something like 800 pounds and they worry that the whole surgery would be too dangerous. There are very few who had it in 2 parts. 

You do know that the sleeve alone has similar weight loss results as the RNY in studies, right?

You do know that the DS has the best weight loss, and resolution of co-morbs, particularly for those with higher BMIs? And you already have half of it???

I have no idea why you had issue with MsBatt, but she is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful peeps that remain on this board, but you surgeon on the other hand, is selling you a load, and you are buying it hook line and sinker.

Now, I'd like everyone to be as successful as possible with their weight loss, and while I think you are making a horrible mistake based on lies and/or misinformation, I really don't care what surgery you get. I DO care what other folks that are researching may read in your posts and think are facts, with aren't.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/30/11 2:36 am
On December 30, 2011 at 6:09 AM Pacific Time, Bearmom wrote:
You have very wrong information about too many things for someone who has done ANY research. 

Your surgeon does NOT do DS according to HIS information. 

The DS is NOT done is two part by and competent surgeons, unless it's a new surgeon that doesn't know the procedure well enough or you are something like 800 pounds and they worry that the whole surgery would be too dangerous. There are very few who had it in 2 parts. 

You do know that the sleeve alone has similar weight loss results as the RNY in studies, right?

You do know that the DS has the best weight loss, and resolution of co-morbs, particularly for those with higher BMIs? And you already have half of it???

I have no idea why you had issue with MsBatt, but she is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful peeps that remain on this board, but you surgeon on the other hand, is selling you a load, and you are buying it hook line and sinker.

Now, I'd like everyone to be as successful as possible with their weight loss, and while I think you are making a horrible mistake based on lies and/or misinformation, I really don't care what surgery you get. I DO care what other folks that are researching may read in your posts and think are facts, with aren't.

lot of good facts, here.

hope she reads them.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

aronsmom
on 12/29/11 2:12 pm - Des Moines, WA
Jessica,

I'm just wondering what behavior modifications you made post sleeve. I understand that you had restriction, but what kinds of food were you consuming, and how much exactly were you eating that led you to not just stop losing weight, but to gain? Did you incorporate exercise into your routine at all? How about working with your doctors? Did they just not work with you despite your effort to interact with them?

You say you are your own health care advocate, yet you state "I wanted an RNY to begin with. But when I got down to brass tacks, I went with the option available to me-a sleeve. It was what I could afford, it had good results and I didn't want a band which was my only other alternative. It was a monetary decision based on my needs and what I could afford"

I say fire yourself and hire a new advocate!

Also, please look into some cognitive behavior therapy because there is no one surgery that will get you where you want to be without some effort and change on your part. Surgery is only a tool. Best of luck to you!

Corrie
Banded March 2005 -awaiting insurance approval for revision
Join me at   weightlosssurgery.proboards.com
Posted Image

Most Active
Recent Topics