I think I have made a revision decision...lol

stormechaser
on 12/26/11 10:02 am
DS on 06/08/17
I have been trying to decide what is my best option for a while now. I am very hopeful because I will have health insurance starting in February. Its been a long journey to just have that aspect of my life on track.

Though I have a VSG, I have been looking at the pros/cons of DS vs. RNY. I am not a religious person but I am very spiritual and have a relationship with my higher power. I asked for a sign as to what I should do. I asked back in 2007 and that is what led me to Dr. Alvarez. I believe God has answered me and I am going to go from the RNY.

I see the nutritionist and my PCP this week to begin moving forward. I hope to get in to see the surgeon in February for a consult. He is an excellent doctor and I have faith in him. At this point, he would be the only person who could sway me away from an RNY.

So, now that I have come to this conclusion, I guess I will be here and on the RNY boards more often gathering information.

I thank everyone for input.

Oh, and the surgeon is Dr. Bipan Chand at the Cleveland Clinic unless I am switched to another. But he is the preferred one for me. He did my sister's RNY and her hernia surgeries.

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

shele
on 12/26/11 9:21 pm

Not too likely he will talk you into a surgery HE doesn't perform.

I wish you the best in your journey.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

wigglypoo
on 12/27/11 12:09 am - Sturgis, MI
 You are in great hands with the surgeons at Cleveland Clinic. As you stated, you know which way you hope to proceed, but you are willing to listen to the surgeon in helping you to decide what is best as well. Blessings.

Amy H

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/28/11 11:25 am
 You won't get unbiased information unless you talk to a surgeon that is capable of both surgeries, and yours isn't.

That's like going to the Hundai dealer and wondering why they don't recommend a Lexus. They don't refer customers elsewhere.
MsBatt
on 12/29/11 10:19 am
If you're still not blocked by the OP, as I am now, would you please rebutt for me? Oh, and report this personal attack.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/29/11 10:05 pm
I'm not sure what she said, because she already deleted it. She seems to be taking issue with the only people that offer anything useful though.
He who can't be Named
on 12/29/11 6:17 am
Do I understand this - you have the sleeve already, and you are going to get the RNY instead of the DS?? You already have half of the DS, which is a superior surgery, and all they need to do is just the intestinal "switch"? 

So instead, they are going to cut up the sleeve into a pouch removing your pylorus, then also do the intestinal bypass. 

Wow, you need better advice, from and unbiased surgeon. Good luck.
MsBatt
on 12/29/11 9:58 am
On December 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM Pacific Time, boogeyman wrote:
Do I understand this - you have the sleeve already, and you are going to get the RNY instead of the DS?? You already have half of the DS, which is a superior surgery, and all they need to do is just the intestinal "switch"? 

So instead, they are going to cut up the sleeve into a pouch removing your pylorus, then also do the intestinal bypass. 

Wow, you need better advice, from and unbiased surgeon. Good luck.
She can't have the DS, because a poster was "sew meen" and kept her from all the information about the DS back when she was originally researching WLS...

stormechaser
on 12/29/11 10:09 am
DS on 06/08/17
cajungirl
on 12/29/11 11:05 am
Wow, name calling is against TOS.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics