just wondering

bellacherie
on 1/1/12 12:42 am - Alanson, MI
can a person that has a Rny and needs a revision get Vsg??? Thank in andvance for all the help., i really want a DS but if it is not possible than i would like to know that! thanks again
clpeltz
on 1/1/12 1:23 am
It is possible, however there are only a handful of surgeons in the US that can do it.  Don't let anyone else tell you they can.  These are the ONLY surgeons you should consider:

Dr. Rabkin, Dr. Keshishian, both are located in California

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Of course, the above doctors are in the United States

Dr. Gagner, located in Canada (Does most revisions in two parts)

Dr. Baltasar, located in Spain

Dr. Marchesini, located  in Brazil

Most people have to travel to get a RNY to DS revision, but it can be done!  Good luck!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Paula R.
on 1/1/12 1:30 am - Portland, OR
Well, the VSG is really just the one part of the DS procedure too.  I myself will be revising from my current RNY to a DS, so its possible.  Many of us have had it done.  I will say that its a complex procedure that only a handful of surgeons in the US (and Dr. Gagner up in Canada) do.  They have to take our pouches apart, piece our stomach back together, and then make the sleeve.

I am going with the DS because I need both the restriction and the malabsorption.  With the VSG, you are only getting restriction.  Which is what you have right now with the RNY because what little malabsorption of fats/carbs/proteins goes away by about the 2nd year out.  

Good luck to you in whatever you choose to do.  But if you are wanting the DS, its entirely possible.  You just have to go with an experienced revision surgeon.  You can always go to the link in my signature and chime in there as well.  I spend more of my time there.
My signature is in the witness protection program

Most Active