Dr. Stewart in Denton?

angie00708
on 1/11/12 2:07 am - College Station, TX
He is listed as a vetted surgeon on dsfacts.com. He states that he does RNY to DS revisions. Anyone have any experience with him?

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 3:13 am
give his office a call.

he did my revision from lapband to sleeve - great surgeon.

angie00708
on 1/11/12 3:56 am - College Station, TX
I've already made an appointment. I go see him on January 24. I'm not sure my insurance will cover the revision yet but I'm going to start the process. I just see several people saying only go to "these surgeons" for revisions and he isn't on the list. Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated.

MsBatt
on 1/12/12 12:46 am
The last I hear, Dr. Stewart does NOT do a true RNY-to-DS revision, meaning that he doesn't re-do the pouch into a Sleeve. I'd love to know this has changed, but---be careful. Be SURE he intends to put your pouch and remnant stomach back together and then do a sleeve gastrectomy. Do NOT accept something that's "just as good", because it ain't. (*grin*)

Ask him to put you in contact with other patients of his on whom he's done a 'true' RNY-to-DS revision. Proceed with caution!

adnerb
on 1/14/12 10:59 am
Hi, I just had a revision from RNY to DS with Dr. Stewart. He did a true DS on me. He is a very excellent surgeon and very busy. I had my origional surgery (RNY) in 2000 lap and Dr. Stewart was able to do my revision to DS lap also. Feel free to message me anytime you would like more info! Best wishes! You will be in excellent hands.
nmroxie
on 1/19/12 12:44 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
He is a fantastic surgeon and did an excellent job on my revision which was a "true RNY to DS" surgery. I am a year and 8 months out and doing and feeling great. Feel free to contact me with any questions as well. Just getting ready to post new photo - 5 lbs away from my goal - yay!!

Most Active
Recent Topics