Lapband/RNY

Alma Salazar
on 2/29/12 3:07 am - Dallas, TX
 Just had my revision surgery from lapband to RNY. I know its away different game now. I have no idea what will make me dump. Im scared of eating next week. Any advice? What about fruit? 
riverrita
on 2/29/12 4:40 pm - new cumberland, PA
 No fruit yet! Not at least a couple weeks out. Apple sauce maybe. Look at the sugar content of everything. I'm a little more than a month out. Yes, I have experienced dumping. It's the worst. I thought it would never end. It did. Eventually. 
RNYgirl2020
on 3/2/12 11:39 am
Hi Alma,
I had band to RNY done about 9 weeks ago. Yup, it's totally a different ball park now....! I (thank God) have not dumped yet.  I was scared eating too in the begining. Just take it slow and chew chew chew (which ur probably already use to because of the band).
After my surgeons office cleared me for regular food...(I think it was about week 5) I started eating fruit. I was never a big fruit eater and now we can't keep fruit in the house long enough...haha. Ask your surgeon before you start on anything you question.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

TamaraL
on 3/3/12 5:30 am
please, please follow your post op diet plan. I had one of the easiest recoveries there was.  Right out from surgery I felt 100% better.  I was wide awake in the recovery room and was up all the time walking.  4-5 days later I was already walking 2 1/2 miles but I always followed the dietary guidelines.

I do dump and found out very early on I am very sensitive to carbs.  I ate potato soup and it made me sick!!   I drank my protien shakes and got in as much protien as I could.  just that alone is hard.  I went to soft food pretty quick but stayed there for a long time.

I can eat anything.  but sugar.  During the summer I did find tha****ermelon did make me dump but pineapple didnt.

I have learned to love greek yogurt and foods high in protien.

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 9:25 am - Canada
what is dumping?
TamaraL
on 3/3/12 10:43 am
dumping is when you eat sugar.  Sugar cannot be processed in the stomach.  so it goes from our stomachs into the intestines.  It is a shock for our intestines and cannot be processed so most people like me start shaking, get nausous, sleepy.  I sometimes have diarrhea but most of the time not.  You are absolutely miserable and many times I thought I was dying.  I knew about dumping before my surgery but to experience it was something I totally did not expect.

When they do the bypass the part that they bypass it the part that normally processes sugar.

I am very sensitive to carbs and sugar.  I learned that if I don't have protien with carbs I can become very sick.  I cannot eat fried foods or they make me very sick!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics