Revision of Sorts??

Frank P.
on 3/8/12 6:13 pm - Aylesford, Canada
Hi, I am looking for opinions on what to do. I had a "Stomach Stapling" Gastric Bypass way back in 1990....I did fine for 10 yrs, lost  over 300 lbs and life was great...then things started to go bad...I started getting sick, lost even more weight to the point I was hospitalized!  While in hospital I was on life support and just about passed away... They figured out that I had developed an allergic reaction to the band that they used for the revision. The band was removed and I was sent home, that was 8 or so yrs ago. Sad to report I have gained back all my pre-op weight. I now realize I need a revision? Which one suits me best?  I have a BMI around 70. I am 6"1" and weigh approx. 530 lbs. (Which puts me in the Super Morbidly Obese category I believe) I have been doing some research and narowed it down to 2 choices that maybe right for me.  First one is an Extended R-N-Y  and the Second is The Duodenal Switch? I would like an opinion from someone who fits into the same kind of category I do, what did you do?? And why??
MARIA F.
on 3/9/12 2:22 am - Athens, GA

I have not had my revision yet (would llike to revise to VSG), but I do read on the revision forum frequently. The ERNY is NOT a good procedure. I'm sure some of the revisioners will be chiming in on that as well.

The DS is the best procedure for the SMO. Especially considering your previous WLS failed. The DS has the best stats, especially long term!

Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 3/9/12 8:00 am - Vancouver, WA
I totally agree with Maria the DS is the one for you! I'm going to PM you a website where you can get some good info, also dsfacts.com have some good information.
Most Active
Recent Topics