turned down by Dr Ungson

Holdenwhat
on 3/30/12 9:56 am
 I contacted Dr Ungson's people re: a RNY to DS revision, and just got word that he says I am too high risk. I am 49 y/o, 380 lbs and my only real health issue is high blood pressure, well controlled with medication. My RNY was almost 6 years ago, and I only lost 35 pounds (10 of that in the first week)- gained back well over 100lbs. They will not say why I am considered "high risk"- I know I'm very fat, but isn't that what this is all about? Has anyone had a similar experience or have any input?
Ladytazz
on 3/30/12 4:51 pm
On March 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM Pacific Time, Holdenwhat wrote:
 I contacted Dr Ungson's people re: a RNY to DS revision, and just got word that he says I am too high risk. I am 49 y/o, 380 lbs and my only real health issue is high blood pressure, well controlled with medication. My RNY was almost 6 years ago, and I only lost 35 pounds (10 of that in the first week)- gained back well over 100lbs. They will not say why I am considered "high risk"- I know I'm very fat, but isn't that what this is all about? Has anyone had a similar experience or have any input?
Dr Ungson doesn't seem to have experience doing RNY to DS revisions.  It is a very complex revision and there are only a handful of surgeons who are experienced with it.  Probably the best of the best would be Dr Rabkin in Northern California or Dr Keshishian in Southern California.  Out of country I think there is only Dr. Marchesini in Brazil and Dr Baltasar in Spain.  Check out dsfacts.com for more info.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Holdenwhat
on 3/31/12 4:25 am
 Thanks for your response. I was under the impression that Dr Ungson was one of the people who actually had experience doing this revision, which was why I sought him out. I'll be meeting with Dr Rabkin in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what he says. Thanks again for your help.
Most Active
Recent Topics