DS Revision - 19 days post-op

Kimberly D.
on 7/18/12 8:44 am - Rockville, MD
My original surgery was almost 12 yrs ago - Nov 2001.  I just had a revision to repair internal hernia, revise stomach from pouch to sleeve, and extend limb to correct malabsorption.  Surgery was June 29, so I'm a couple weeks post-op.  I am on a liquid diet (crystal light, broth, miso soup, popsicles) but I find that I am xperiencing more pain when doing fluids than my original surgery.  I meet with the dietician tomorrow but a bit nervous with transitioning to soft foods.  Has anyone else experienced pain when simply doing the fluids?  Any recommendations on soft foods?  I wonder if I should wait another week or so until I can get a handle on the nauseal
Whit
on 7/19/12 4:07 am
Revision on 12/10/12
 Hi Kimberly,
Did you have any complications after your surgery? I am considering the DS revision but I am terrified of major comlications. 

Best,
Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Kimberly D.
on 7/19/12 8:54 am - Rockville, MD
 Hello Whitney,

My surgery itself was fairly complicated because he had so much to do (remove adhesions, hernia repair, change stomach pouch to sleeve, lengthening intestine).  To make matters worse, my surgery ended as an open procedure vs a lap so that makes it all the more reason to take into consideration the possible risk.  

If your surgeon has confidence of a lap procedure, which may be very likely depending on your particular situation, I would say speak at lengh and express yoru concerns.   Be sure to ask many many questions and allow him/her to provide as much info as possible.

So far, I've thankfully had no major complications afterwards except it's taking me a bit longer to get moving again.  Another thing you should consider with the DS is one side effect of malabsorption.  This was yet another reason why I had my revision....I battled with vitamin deficiencies for years and despite my vitamin compound, it was taking a toll on my body.  Just remember if you decide to go for DS, you understand the importance of loaded up on your vitamin supplements.

Let me know if I can help further.  Be well...
smileyjamie72
on 7/19/12 8:48 am - Palmer, AK

Do yu have a prescription for a PPI like Prevacid??  Do you have a prescription for Zofran ODT (Orall Disentigrating Tablets).

They were my life savers!!!!!  Your tummy is still healing, but with the help of the Prevacid and Zofran I think after a few days of that, you should be able to transition your diet.

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

shymiamor
on 7/19/12 8:49 am
i need advice  im getting my panni and upper lifet and breast reduction this week but i also  going for the revision too wht do they do ? i have the gastro by pass in 2004 does is it hurt is the surgery long?   well please pray for me with the surgery coming up . ty
MsBatt
on 7/21/12 1:56 am
I imagine your plastics will cause you enough pain that any revision pain will pale in comparison. (*grin*)
Most Active
Recent Topics