Questions about UGI

L. Noble
on 9/8/12 7:52 am - TX

Does anyone know if they can see ulcers on an ugi? I am having mine monday morning and I'm a little nervous, I know it's an easy test but I have been having several problems and I'm scared they won't find it, nausea, burning in my stomach and pain in my stomach especially after eating, I can eat WAY to much and I have gained 60 pounds. I have read tons of posts and I know there are several things that could be wrong but what will I do if they find nothing, what could be reasons for the problems I am having especially the weight gain, I kept it off for 8 years and in the past two yrs have gained 60 pounds.........Sorry all I just needed to voice my fears. I want this problem to be fixed.

Hislady
on 9/8/12 6:09 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well I don't know anything about UGIs never had one but sounds like you need a big ol' (((HUG)))! Try not to over think this test hon you'll just drive yourself nuts. I hope it helped to vent sometimes that's all we need. Hang on and trust that this will show what is causing the pain, there has to be something going on if you are having that much pain. Good luck to you!
L. Noble
on 9/9/12 7:27 am - TX
It did help to vent, and Thank you for your post, I am ready to go and get this done and hopefully find out that the problem is fixable and I will be on the road back to being the me I like. A lifetime of weight struggles makes a person emotional sometimes to say the least. I feel I can speak honestly and freely here without being judged because I am amongst people who have the same issues I have. In my life there isn't anyone that can REALLY understand my struggles , none of them have ever dealt with weight problems and their solution is  "just stop eating " and "exercise". I'm tired of hearing that all the time . I'm good to go and looking forward to getting this UGI tomorrow and  getting to the bottom of the problems I am having. Thanks again for your post.
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/12 9:46 am - WA
I got a blood test to test for an ulcer. Is that right?
L. Noble
on 9/9/12 12:40 pm - TX
The Dr. Hasn't ordered blood work yet, maybe he is waiting for the results of the UGI. Not sure.
Most Active
Recent Topics