Had UGI yesterday , Now waiting for results

L. Noble
on 9/11/12 11:14 am - TX
Had my upper Gi series yesterday and I am now waiting for the results, I ask the doctor that did it if he saw anything unusual but he said I would have to speakk to my doctor about it ,I knew that I was just hoping for some news right then, I'm not very patient but my doctor won't even be in the office until tomorrow so I have no choice but to wait. I couldn't sleep lastnight from worrying about it........Ok I am done just wanted to say it and I don't want my family to know how worried I am about it.
Kristiemarie060504
on 9/11/12 1:46 pm - MD
I will be right there with you soon on my 26th . Was this your first one ?it's my first and I am worried ! Are you trying to get a revision? I am going for lap band removal and sleeve replacement . But I am sure all will go well for you ! Dont try to hide your feelings from your family maybe it will make you feel better to talk to someone close to you(family wise) and get your feelings out . Best of luck to you!
L. Noble
on 9/11/12 2:13 pm - TX
I had one yrs ago but I was kinda worried about this one, it wasn't bad though just drinking some gross chalky stuff and x-rays it was easy. Yes I want a revision, orginal surgery was in 2003 RNY and I just want that fixed. No band thou, I have heard alot of scary stuff about the bands. I wish you good luck as well. Hope you to revise to what you want.
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 5:26 am - WA
I'm with you both. Had my UGI and it showed nothing was wrong. My pouch was created the size of the thumb tip but had stretched to a tangerine but they said nothing wrong.
2 doctors later I am on my way (8 hour drive) over to see my original surgeon (doc #3) to ask for a RNY redo (distal and resized pouch). I will be in absolute shock if he says no. He is such a kind and understanding doctor that I will fall off my chair.
L. Noble
on 9/13/12 6:54 am - TX
My UGI showed that my pouch was still small and Dr. says perfect considering how far out I am,also said nothing is wrong with it so he won't do any revision, I'm beyond baffled, why the pain, nausea, able to eat so much? He said go back to the basics..........REALLY.......like I haven't tried that before. I am going to see about getting a BOB. I suppose I need to go to another doctor.......He told me my stoma may be dialated and that there are ways to fix it but he doesn't do those procedures. I have heard alot of negative stuff about the stomaphyx so not sure I want to pursue it.........Not sure what I am going to do, I do have an appointment with the NUT on Oct 15th that was the soonest she could get me in............SO DISAPPOINTED
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/12 7:39 am - WA
I feel your pain. Went to a local doctor and after the upper GI I was told everything looks good and He would not do the revision to just eat less and and push myself away. Like you said, as if I hadn't already tried that for years and years. Ass! Then I went to Doctor #2 who once he saw my Upper GI results wouldn't return my phone calls. At all, for weeks I tried to get a call back. Kept being promised I would get a call bac****il I got it through my thick head they were blowin me off. My PCP was pissed, He said it was the rudest thing to do and he was going to call them himself. I told him don't bother as I am going to Doc #3 who was my original surgeon and he told me he would definatley help me, to travel over for an official visit. So I traveled over on Thursday and he was so kind and understanding of the weight gain, I told him the Upper GI showed I was still okay and the right size for my time out. He told me some people just gain the weight back, it is not thier fault or the surgery fault it just happens and revisions are necessary.He told me he would do the surgery but there will be no dramatic results from it. (gotta ask him if that means the weight will come off slow or not at all, I have about a hundred pounds to lose). And slow is still ok with me.  So I am telling you for sure it is not your fault. Try another surgeon and keep trying until you find one. I might have to delay my surgery until after winter because I don't want to travel the mountains in the snow and ice but I now have a prize at the end of the journey.  Oh he also told me that he is not interested in the previous doctors interpretation of the UGI, they may not be seeing what he might see. Anyway, good luck and keep me posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics