Revision info

WYMSYKLE
on 10/6/12 3:26 pm - Yucaipa, CA
 I had RNY in 2004 and have gained about 50 to 60 lbs. I am clueless what a revision is or the types of revisions.  I understand a lot of RNY'ers get DS later and are happy with the results. Tell me more peoples!  My appointment is Wednesday.

M
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/12 5:18 am - WA
There are several Revision Types. There is the Rose Proceedure (to tighten pouch) which doesn't have anything good to say about it on here. There is the Stomaphax, tighten the stoma (nothing good on her e either).
There is strictly tightening up the pouch only, there is revising an RNY from a Proximal to a distal. With pouch tightening if the pouch has elarged beyond what it should be. There is Revising to a DS, there is A BOB (Band over Bypass( lapband over the pouch). I believe there is also a RNY to a Sleeve.
Your doctor is probably going to want to see an Upper GI scan or an endoscopy report on you to determine your insides before he decides. Does the doctor you have the appt with do a Revison to DS? If he doesn't he probably will not recomend it to you so keep that in mind, if a surgeon doesn't do a particular proceedure chances are he will try to steer you into doing whatever he does.

If you can travel to a DS surgeon you are better off (I believe) in going to a DS based on all the research I have done it. I have not had it done, I am currently trying to lose weight on my own, if I cannot then I will start the process of seeing if I can get a revison to DS. I tried for a Proximal to Distal but got turned down, 3 times due to my pouch is still small.

smileyjamie72
on 10/7/12 8:09 am, edited 10/7/12 8:14 am - Palmer, AK

If you are interested in learning about a revision from RNY to DS, you will get more responses over on the DS board.  But, honestly, there are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more veterans and RNY to DS revisions over on another website, called ProBoards.
weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

I am a little over 9 months out from my failed RNY to DS revision.

Here is a list (Only a small handful of surgeons are qualified to do the RNY to DS revision)

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

Dr. Stewart, located in Texas

Dr. Simper, locted in Utah

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Of course, the above doctors are in the United States 

Dr. Baltasar, located in Spain

Dr. Marchesini, located  in Brazil

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

pineview01
on 10/9/12 4:37 pm - Davison, MI
A revision is anything down to rework your RNY.    Making the pouch smaller, stoma tighter or changing the routing.

If you go from one type of surgery to another it is a conversion.  So, if you would want to check into a RNY to DS conversion, this takes a very specialized surgeon.  Make sure you find one very skilled if you are planing on doing this.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics