anyone want to console a whiner?

Holdenwhat
on 12/22/12 12:58 pm

I am in the process of trying to get Kaiser to pay for a conversion from a failed RNY to a DS. Of course they're fighting it but it is painful to hear lies about me. I just received a letter that Kaiser informed the people reviewing the case that I am in the top 1% of non-compliance because I did not lost weight with gastric bypass. NOT TRUE, NOT TRUE, NOT TRUE!!!! I totally stuck to their post-op plan and still did not lose weight (I lost 35 pounds, 10 in the first week and 25 over the next few months). There's other garbage in the letter but that's the 1% comment hurts more than anything. I can still rattle off what I was eating post-op and that was 6 years ago (Kaiser does instruct their people well before surgery). I even lost 100 pounds before surgery and kept it off for several years before I had RNY.

I suppose it's silly to let it get to me but I'm just so stinking mad. What proof do I have, other than my word? I'm tired of being called a liar, "non-compliant" and any other names that their people suggest. It is bad enough that I went through the frustration of not losing weight, as well as the side effects that I now suffer from. 

Bad, bad Kaiser doctors. 

sfnativewm
on 12/24/12 9:45 am

You can appeal their Kaiser SSF result.   I have a great dr there, but a few of them are judgemental haven't got a clue o weightloss rude people.   once had the np there tell me not to be eating cake.   I said I don't eat cake so don't tell me what not to do!   LOL I told him that I needed to educate him that all fat people don't eat cake!   needless to say the visit for my unfill was fast!!

Put  in for an appeal and hopefully good things begin to happen! 

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

gorditabonita
on 12/27/12 1:14 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

Unfortunately, many healthcare providers do not understand bariatrics and obesity. I know that this is difficult to confront, but please don't stop fighting. This is your life and we have to take control of our own health, pushing and screaming if necessary to get the help we need. Once you find a moment, I would write a letter detailing your experience with the RNY and your diet. Show them what you ate....a paper-trail can be your best friend when fighting these kinds of cases.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Holdenwhat
on 12/28/12 12:03 pm

Thanks for your response. I will continue to fight but it gets discouraging. I have composed a letter to the Department of Managed Health Care, with a lot of help from people who have been there and I remain hopeful.I just need a little support sometimes when people are trying to bash me undeservedly. We deserve better than that.

gorditabonita
on 12/28/12 12:49 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

We certainly do deserve better! I am cheering for you. You can do this!!!!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Most Active
Recent Topics