I have just been revised!!!!

Trent R.
on 1/5/13 2:55 pm - Yukon, OK
Revision on 12/24/12
I had my original Rouxen-Y in October 2007. I went from 389 down to 223 within 9 months andwas able to keep the weight off for three years. In 2010, I had 8 bowel obstructions, a hernia, and a partial colon removal all within a six month period.

After my last complication, the weight began to climb without any reason. I stuck to the basics and it didn't matter. I gained 130 pounds. I found a new surgeon (for reasons I don't want to explain) and had an endoscopy to see what my pouch looked like. I had a large bulge off to the side of my pouch, whi*****reased the size of the pouch. It had the same affect as if it were all stretched out.

On Christmas Eve morning, this year, I had it revised. He basically went in and removed 2/3 of my pou*****luding that bulge.

I am still in the all liquid phase for two more days, but am afraid to start eating again in fear of it happening again. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

“In case you never get a second chance: don't be afraid!" "And what if you do get a second chance?" "You take it!” ― C. JoyBell C.

on 1/6/13 8:22 am

Good luck to you, I wish you a speedy recovery

VSG TO DS REVISION 

pineview01
on 1/6/13 12:17 pm - Davison, MI

Haven't had anything like this but, wanted to say how sorry I am that you had to go thru this.

Wishing you a safe and healthy recovery and wight loss journey.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

saralynne65
on 1/14/13 5:25 am
Revision on 01/23/13

Wow-eight bowel obstructions? That is awful. I am so sorry you went through all that. I would just proceed cautiously as your surgeon instructs you. I can definitely understand your fear after all of that.

Does your current surgeon have a theory as to why you had so many bowel obstructions?

Wishing you an uneventful & gentle recovery,

Saralynne

Trent R.
on 1/22/13 2:35 pm - Yukon, OK
Revision on 12/24/12
Saralynne, the nearest anyone can figure is that the obstructions were caused by scar tissue. So far I haven't had any signs that it wi happen again and I am believing that that is all thing of the past. I'm only looking forward now.

“In case you never get a second chance: don't be afraid!" "And what if you do get a second chance?" "You take it!” ― C. JoyBell C.

enchantednurse
on 1/15/13 7:13 am - Dallas, GA
Revision on 01/10/13

I had a revision on the 10th from proximal RNY to a distal RNY.  Ive never had any complications but Im kind of where you are now as far as being scared to eat.  My surgeon keeps us on liquids for 6-8 weeks (blah) and Im SOOOOO hungry.  However, I know this is my last chance at getting my surgery right.  I want, want, want to make it to goal this time and MAINTAIN.  Prayers for both of us!

AngelicMythology
on 1/18/13 9:18 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I feel you.  I'm going to be doing the same on the 21st.  Right now I'm on a pre-op liquid diet and am soooo hungry.  I pray for everyone to be blessed with success this time around!

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Trent R.
on 1/22/13 2:33 pm - Yukon, OK
Revision on 12/24/12
Thank you all for your messages of support. I'm just about a day from it being a month out from my revision. The weight is coming off. It's not quite as fast as it was the first go round, but it is happening at a steady pace. I'm on regular foods and I couldn't be happier.

Most Active
Recent Topics