Revision surgery Friday...feel like I'm starting over again..

LadyKatarina
on 1/13/13 9:07 am - Harrisburg, PA

Hi all,

I haven't been on this website in almost 9 years...but I have a revision coming up Friday and I don't know where else to go for support. 

On Friday I will have a surgery to revise my RNY gastric bypass from 12 years ago. I have many apprehensions about this, and anxiety at the prospect of returning to eating tiny portions and focusing on protein, after living a "normal" life...but I've regained 40 lbs from my lowest weight, and I'm not happy...plus the main reason for surgery - I have developed a small complication called a "blind limb pouch" that needs removed.

Kat

Starting weight 4/20/01 - 340
Lowest weight 2003 - 156
Current weight - 195

saralynne65
on 1/13/13 1:22 pm
Revision on 01/23/13

Well you are not starting completely over, even though the complication is the reason for your revision try to look at it as a fresh start. I'm having a revision 1/23 and kind of feel the same way but I need to do it so I don't end up sicker from obesity as well as to remove my slipped band. I'm scared about the rny and recovery but I'm trying to stay positive.. Think of how much better you will feel knocking that 40 lbs off enlightenedWe can be each others cheer leaders :0)

You can do this and it will only be a few weeks of the rough stuff and I bet all the other things regarding portion,protein etc will all come back to you! (((Hugs)))

Saralynne

scarlettbegonias
on 1/13/13 6:52 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Good luck kat, I hope it all goes to plan and you have a speedy recovery!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

jzwife
on 1/14/13 2:12 am
jzwife
on 1/14/13 2:19 am

Hi Kat,

What are they planning on doing with the your surgery.? I have never heard of a blind limb. Is it similar to a fistula? I am also prepping for a revision. I am supposed to go in and have the fistula plugged which will be a temporary fix  then will go have a revision in a couple of months.

I totally understand when it comes to having had an almost normal eating pattern after your complications to having to start all over with small portions again. I will be doing the same. I have to get the weight off and this is really the only way to do it. I have so many tests and scans to do this week - its totally overwhelming to me but I'm trying to pull up my big girl panties and just do it. I know I will be happy once its done and so will you.

Good luck and know there are many who are behind you, supporting your efforts in this journey.

Sharon

Most Active