1 wee****il surgery & ANXIOUS !!!

nikkim102
on 2/13/13 12:24 am

Well I have stuck with my pre-surgery liquid diet for the last week & have lost 10 lbs. I am sure my doctor will be pleased when I weigh in tomorrow for pre-op visit & labs. I have my revision from VBG to RNY this coming Tues. Feb. 19. Am hoping to lose around 5 more lbs. for a total of 15 lbs. lost before the surgery.  Am getting very nervous & anxious the closer the surgery date gets here. I keep thinking of all the horror stories that I hear & complications afterward (nausea, bowel problems, etc.)  I am trying to stay positive as I know I have some of the the best doctors & care in the country. (Cleveland Clinic Bariatric & Metabolic Institute).  This journey has taken me almost a year to lose the initial 20 lbs & get approval from my insurance co & about 20 or more trips to the facility for this & that.  I feel that I would never forgive myself if I backed out at this late date.   Any suggestions from folks here that have went thru the same experience ???   

missysandy
on 2/13/13 2:07 am - Oakfield, NY
RNY on 02/27/13

my revision is 2/27 and i had my bypass in 2000 i lost alot kept it off for 7 year had complcation with a hernia and gain some back so they are fixing both i,m nervous too but the first one was a breeze .good luck its all worth it

nikkim102
on 2/13/13 2:33 am
Good luck on your surgery. Keep me informed on how you do!
keissler
on 2/18/13 6:55 am - Kerrville, TX
Good luck to you on your up coming surgery. I am in practically the same position as you. I had my RNY about 10 years ago. Lost lots of weight and kept it off for about 7 years. I still am 50 lbs ahead from my first surgery. I also have a hiatel hernia and my surgeon is planning to repair that along with revision of my stomach. I am in the process of getting all my procedures done for Insurance and am meeting with the Psychologist in two days, hoping soon to get a surgery date. Keep us updated on your progress. Best wishes. Kay
LISA V.
on 2/13/13 7:18 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13

First, Good luck and speedy recovery with your upcoming surgery. Congrats to you for sticking to the liquid diet, I am only on my third day and it gets pretty boring real quick lol. My surgery is scheduled for 2/25/13 and I am counting down the days as well. Think positive thoughts about your new life. I refuse to hear anything negative at this point. I made up my mind and I know there are complications with any surgery. I have been waiting months for my insurance to approve my surgery and just the process of getting everything done has been close to 9 months. I am more than ready, just as I know you must be. Please let me know how it goes and I will say a prayer for you.

Lisa

pineview01
on 2/13/13 7:49 am - Davison, MI

Great job on the pre-op liquid diet.  I just did mine in January.

Good luck to the both of you with your revision surgeries.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

nikkim102
on 2/14/13 1:17 am

Have decided to wait an additional 6 months for my revision surgery and diet w Slim Fast etc.  Lost 10 lbs w/ it this last week & am going to go on the regular Slim Fast plan & see what I can achieve over the next 6 months. If results are low I will be seeking my surgery. Am very sure this is the right decision for myself. Wish luck to everybody else that are going thru their surgeries.

pineview01
on 2/14/13 2:17 am - Davison, MI

Good luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active