Any one have an image of their slipped band

mercedes66693
on 2/13/13 6:31 am

Hi everyone

Had my upper GI last week my radiologist said band had slipped going to new surgeon for hopefully a revision to RNY but the more I look at the image the more i'm saying it doesn't look like a slip he said it doesn't look like it;s around my stomach anymore but to me it looks like a normal band.  Freaking out i want a revision so bad this band thing has never worked for me it sucks i'm throwing up and getting acid reflux ugh

pineview01
on 2/13/13 7:54 am, edited 2/13/13 7:55 am - Davison, MI

If it is slipped why wouldn't you get your revision?  I understand your frustration with the throwing up and acid reflux.  I had my revision on 1/22/13  Usually the Upper GI shows a perfectly placed when it is slipped.  Radiologist are usually right.  Heck they see things the docs don't.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mercedes66693
on 2/13/13 6:56 pm

I hope you are correct I'm so afraid that their is nothing wrong with the band and I'll have to keep it that's what I'm afraid of going to the Nut today with my pics of the upper GI hoping someone in the doctors office can just confirm that it has slipped so want a revision i hat how this is consuming my life!

pineview01
on 2/13/13 11:48 pm, edited 2/13/13 11:49 pm - Davison, MI

If they try saying it is properly placed, request a scope.  When I was scoped they found esophageal inflammation and gastritis. Every time it is tight enough that you throw up get and unfill.  When It is wide open get a fill.  Getting filled and unfilled when You have problems is documentation to an appeal if you need one.  The more doc visits for issues equals the more documentation.

This is what won my appeal when my insurance went to one WLS per lifetime.  DON'T suffer in silence keep reporting it to medical people.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mercedes66693
on 2/14/13 1:46 am

Well saw the Nut today and the new Dr.  They are submitting the reports to my insurance just waiting approval now the long waiting game I hope they approve me!  Keep you fingers crossed!

pineview01
on 2/14/13 2:14 am - Davison, MI

Did the new Dr. agree it is a slip?  Keep us up to date.

Most Active