RNY to VSG, need insurance help

bethynee
on 3/5/13 4:57 am

I had RNY in April of 2010. After the surgery, due to the malabsorption of my antidepressant/anxiety medication, i became severely depressed (again) and ended up spending a month in a residential mental health facility. I had 9 rounds of electro-convulsive therapy to try to lessen the depression, with little success. By the time I found the right combination of medications again a few months ago, I had completely lost track of my weight. I started at 325, went down to 215 and am at 230 now. I know i have stretched my pouch out. If I could do it over, knowing what I know now, I think i could make it work. Any advice on how to get through to insurance is greatly appreciated.

gee1963
on 3/5/13 10:25 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
I don't think it is possible to go from RNY to VSG but I may be clueless

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

clpeltz
on 3/5/13 8:41 pm

First you need to find a surgeon.  A RNY to VSG requires a specialized surgeon.  Said surgeon needs to reattach your pouch to your remnant stomach and THEN form a sleeve.  There are only a handful of surgeons who have the skill and experience to do this.  Pick a surgeon and then schedule a consult.  They will be able to help with insurance stuff.  

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

Dr. Stewart, located in Texas

Dr. Simper, located in Utah

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Of course, the above doctors are in the United States 

Dr. Baltasar, located in Spain

Dr. Marchesini, located  in Brazil

Dr. Gagner in Canada and Dr. Greenbaum are also experienced surgeons, but please use caution, and RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Most Active
Recent Topics