revision surgery and weight loss

michelle M.
on 4/30/13 6:01 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

On average how much weight have people who have had revision surgery lost in 6 months.  I am almost 4 months out and am wondering where most people are at 6 months?

Ladytazz
on 4/30/13 12:17 pm

What kind of revision did you have?  I actually had a revision to reduce my malabsorption and wound up losing more weight, faster, then I did the first time.  I fully expected a slow weight loss.  My surgeon told me I might not lose any weight at all.  I guess we are all different.  What I did different this time was learn from my mistakes and change my eating habits.  I avoid all sugar and gluten and that has made a big difference I guess.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Whit
on 4/30/13 12:24 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

I revised from RNY to DS and am 4 months 2 weeks out (18 weeks total) and am down 65 pounds. I have approximately 25 more to go. I am completley satified with this. I wish I could eat more.  It has not been an easy road for me so far but it is getting better.  More info on my profile. 

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

KellyElizabeth
on 4/30/13 12:32 pm

I am going to have revision surgery in less than 2 weeks. I am going from the lap band to gastric bypass. How did you make that cute weight loss graph? So you have lost 47 pounds in 4 months?

Kelly

Whit
on 4/30/13 12:45 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Kelly E

I have lost 65 pounds. There is no way I would revise to RNY. I had RNY and did not make it to goal and slowly gained almost all of my weight back. My Surgeon wanted to do a RNY tune-up. The malabsorbtion of RNY is not long term so I opted for the more complicated DS. I wanted long term success. I did allot of research decided what was best for me and  found another surgeon.  

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

lsmith2004
on 5/12/13 3:19 am - Tomball, TX
michelle M.
on 5/1/13 7:20 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

Hi Kelly, 

I have lost about 42 lbs in about 3 1/2 months.  My surgery weight was 232 and today i am at 190.  I am pretty happy with the progress just hopes it continues this easy until i hit my goal weight of 145.  It would be so awesome if like many others i surpass my expections and get below 140.  haha.

I made the bar from the health tracker setting.  I am not sure exactly i did it but if you can't fiqure it out let me know and i will go back and talk you through it.

What do you think your presurgery weight will be?  I'll be following your progress and hoping you will do great.

Good luck on your surgery... 

Michelle

KellyElizabeth
on 6/10/13 3:18 pm

Thanks Michelle

I am struggling with a few things. I am going to be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I am trying all kinds of new foods and so far am doing ok. The drinking a lot of water is hard and getting in all my vitamins and medicines is hard. I still have some pain in my one incision area when I bend the wrong way. I have lost a total of  25 pounds. I feel like I have should have lost more over the past week. But only 1 pound. And I went to the gym today for the first time. I am feeling sad at times and still just trying to figure it all out. Please keep in touch. What surgery did you have again? 

Kelly

Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/13 3:31 am

I had my first RNY 9 years ago. I went from 300 to 175. I went back up tp 260 pounds. This past December I had a revision. I only lost 22 pounds after that surgery and am now weighing in at 234. I know its my snacking. I eat anything I want and do not limit myself to anything. If I want it, I eat it. My problem is I can't say no to myself. I walk 2 miles  day and do a lot of gardening but that's about it. Read this post whenever you get the urge to eat something you aren't supposed to eat. Maybe it will help you walk away./   

michelle M.
on 4/30/13 10:43 pm - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

The revision had was a vbg in 1996 to RNY .  I have lost 42 lbs as of may 1.  I had wanted the ds but was told that it wasn't possible after the vbg...so here i am.  I am worried that i won't make it to goal, but it seems like some people do after thsi revision.  I am going through some depression right now so i am becoming a little obsessed with the weight loss.  I am just feeling anxious.  I am not unhappy with my weight loss but hope it will continue.  Nervous about gaining it back with a RNY but it seems from the posts that if you stick with it you can maintain the loss.  I am glad to hear that you can go from a RNY to the Ds...just in case things don't turn out.  Although i am expecting the best outcome...being positive, but just knowing options if i need.

Thanks for the info.  I hope others respond regarding where they were after 6 months and did they reach goal.

Good luck to all on their journey and thank OH for this web site.

Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics