Is revision worth it?

lsmith2004
on 6/2/13 6:50 am - Tomball, TX
OK can you explain in more detail......
pineview01
on 6/12/13 9:21 am - Davison, MI

You pyloric valve is your natural valve at the bottom of your stomach.  It opens wide for liquid to pass and smaller to hold in dense protein.  When you have a RNY this and your blind stomach are by-passed and the intestine is attached to the new pouch with a man made stoma (opening).  It is what it is.  Food and water can go thru the same.  The food goes thru if it is small enough but, not based on how digested.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

eClicker
on 6/29/13 4:12 am
RNY on 08/06/13

Hi,

Thanks for posting.  I'm also going to get a revision on 8/6/13 from a VBG to a RNY.  Never lost much with the VBG, only about 50 lbs.  Started to gain it back right away, had the VBG in 2001.  Should have had a RNY to begin with, big mistake.  

Had to fight insurance and hire Lindstrom to get the revision approved. 

I hope things work out better this time.

Good luck to you,

E

VBG 8/15/01  RNY 8/6/13  5'5" HW:215 LW:165 CW:210 GW:135

jzwife
on 5/25/13 6:16 am
I am a revision from an RNY to a Ds. I ended up with a fistula so I gained much of what I had lost back. The Dr told me there was no way I would ever lose weight the way my stomach had reattached itself. I knew going into this that I would lose slower because I am a revision and I am older (62 to be exact) My surgery was on March 19th. I have lost 15lbs pre-op and 33lbs post op so almost 50lbs . 33 in 10 weeks. It was difficult but I had no complications and I feel great. I am so happy that I did it. Every day gets better and better for me.
Good luck on your surgery- it was so worth it to me!
Sharon
pineview01
on 5/26/13 2:26 pm, edited 5/26/13 2:26 pm - Davison, MI

I went from band to sleeve.  Yes, I am older and wiser.  The band ended up being a big mistake for me.  At the very lowest, I was down 80 pounds but, couldn't keep it off with the medical problems it caused.  

I am four months out and yes I lost slower, don't know if it is age, that I started at a lower weight this time.  But, that said I am already 15/20 pounds less than I ever weighed with the band.  For me, YES well worth it.

I am also seeing a theripst this time too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ButterflyAna
on 5/29/13 3:28 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I revised from the band to the sleeve. If yu would have asked me last month I might of said no. Ask me today and I say yes it is worth it. I had revision on 3-4 so I am almost 3 months post-op. I am down 25 pounds which is lower than what I lost with the band. I was so sick with the band. I still get sick but not as much, 1 drink 3 protein drinks a day and try to fit in some mushies. I only have 25 more pounds before I can remove the excess skin which will probably get me to goal!

Yes it was worth it.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Linda K.
on 5/29/13 12:28 pm - Omaha, NE

Thanks to everyone for your great answers and wonderful encouragement.  I am working toward my 3rd month of physician assisted weight loss.  I am finding that I have to stay on top of my doctor so that the information the insurance wants is correct.   I really want this surgery and to be successful. 

Most Active