ANYONE???? on the site revised from RNY to sleeve

MSSEXXC74
on 7/31/13 9:12 am

Ok is their anyone on this entire site that has been revised from a RNY to a sleeve.  If so can you please contact me or let me know how affective it has been?

MSSEXXC

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/31/13 12:24 pm

Plenty of revisions from RNY to DS which has a sleeve stomach, but not so much to just the sleeve. One big reason, is that you'd be going from a surgery with malabsorption, to one that is restriction only, and that's unlikely to work. There are only a few surgeons that regularly do that surgery, and sleeve or DS would require those special revision surgeons. It's tricky to put that pouch back together into a stomach with the pyloric valve again, and then make the sleeve. 

vbruce5366
on 8/9/13 6:30 am - MS

I am a RNY to Sleeve due to severe Reactive Hypoglycemia. My blood sugars were documented to be as low as 27 and was treated by Endocrinologist for more then two years. I got to the point where I could hardly function and that is why they would do the surgery. I had a revision on Feb 27th and am down 36 pounds. The loss is MUCH slower and harder then the first time around and yes I have restriction but truthfully about the same as the RNY. If you have any questions please let me know..This site has been a LIFE SAVER for me when I was suffering from Reactive Hypoglycemia and no doctor could help me!! Why is it you are looking for a revision?

MSSEXXC74
on 8/10/13 3:29 am

Because I have maladapted to the surgery and don't eat meat. Therefore only soft stuff goes down so I eat a lot of junk and sides like potatoes, rice and stuff in sauces and have regained 90 of the 220 lbs I intially lost.

MSSEXXC

Whit
on 8/9/13 12:33 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I revised from RNY to DS which is Sleeve for restriction and DS "plumbing" for malobsorbsion (sp?).  I have lost almost 90 pounds in 8 months. I am very happy with the weight loss but it has not been an easy recovery. I still have issues eating but its getting better. My profile has a brief description of my road to health.

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active
Recent Topics