RNY to DS revision..What vitamins are you taking?

Layleigh
on 8/13/13 6:18 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

I'm wondering what vitamins and how many we need to take. I'm reading the patient handbook, but it seems so different from the posts im seeing. Some people are taking over 30 a day. I went on the Vita Lady site, and she has some recommended prepackaged daily kits on there.

Help..lol!

Member Services
on 8/14/13 12:29 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Layleigh,

Here are links from a search results where other members are discussing the same question.  We hope this helps....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=DS%2C+ vitamins&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A 9

Layleigh
on 8/17/13 6:10 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Thank you so much, I'm feeling way more confident now!

clpeltz
on 8/14/13 12:58 am

The universal recommendation you'll find is to start with the vitalady DS regimen and adjust from there based on your labs.  Do not rely on your surgeon.  They are cutters, not nutritionists.  They do not get any nutritional education in med school.  Dieticians rarely know anything about post-op DS life.  Your best bet is to get advice from those who are living it.  Personally, I take about 40 per day.  It is a small price to pay for getting your health back.  It eventually just becomes part of everyday life.  

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Layleigh
on 8/17/13 6:12 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

That makes amazing sense!!! Thank you, that's what I'll do.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/13 4:09 am - VA

When exactly should a revision be done?  I've gone from SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE (373 @5'2") to OBESE ([email protected]).  I'm basically half my original weight yet I'm not feeling great and the depression is coming on strongly.  HELP!cool

Ladytazz
on 8/14/13 2:32 pm

You may be experiencing depression due to vitamin deficiencies.  Losing weight is not a cure for depression and if you aren't feeling great and you are depressed it isn't because you didn't lose all the weight you wanted to.  You have done excellent, losing around 200 lbs.  WLS doesn't guarantee thinness.  It doesn't even guarantee weight loss if you don't make lifestyle changes. 

How are you doing with your vitamins and labs?  I would definitely have those checked out first.  No reputable doctor would give you a revision to lose more weight without other issues.  Having a revision isn't the answer to everything.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics