Revision to a distal bypass vitamins... HELP

loveynj
on 11/12/13 5:11 am - Williamstown, nj

Okay, I need help. I am so non complient with my vitamins because the dr told me to use vitalady....  well that is WAY expensive and over 20 vits a day.

Can anyone who has had a distal or a DS tell me what there regimen is for their vitamins

MsBatt
on 11/12/13 8:41 am

Hate to burst your bubble, but most folks with a distal RNY or a DS take AT LEAST 20 vitamins a day, and a lot of them get them from Vitalady. Yes, it is expensive, but your good health depends on it. Vitalady and her husband, Don, are both close to 20 years post-op from distal RNYs, and she knows her stuff---she learned it the hard way. You really want to avoid that if you can.

AngelicMythology
on 11/16/13 8:33 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

Hello. I had my revision back in January to distal. I take vitalady's dry vitamin D. I also take 4 bariatric fusion chewable daily vitamins, too. I have bloodwork every 3 months still soon moving to 6 months. The vitamin D has been a huge help. 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

AngelicMythology
on 11/16/13 8:36 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13
JROLFSON
on 3/4/14 11:52 pm - St. George, UT

Hello Love...

I am close to 5 years out with a ERNY which is I'm told a distal GB...Who knows with all the different procedures and names for everything, does anyone really ever know what they have after surgery I mean really did they watch it...Sorry Love just ranting a bit on all the information that is given here is sometimes over whelming. Anyhoo, I've had (3) WLS beginning with a Gastric Stapling, revised to a full Gastric Bypass and then added the Extended RNY...So being 5 years out of surgery and at the time of surgery I weighed 220 lbs. Lost 80 in the first year. My Dr. said he shortened my cc to 95, however, I don't think so I believe it was much shorter because of the weight loss experienced and all the icky other stuff but maybe he did who knows. My point is this I believe it is different for everyone depending on your eating habits exercise and such. I went in at 220 lost the first year to 140 and have been as low as 128. However, I now am 140 again. I've noticed lately that my weight is starting to fluctuate more and I more easily gain. I weigh every single day in the morning in my under ware so I know exactly what the difference is. Keeping the vitamin regiment is difficult... My problem is usually low on B12 so I get B12 shots twice monthly. I use Vital Lady's 50,000 Vit D and her Calcium and that is all...I am with you the cost is too high and if you look around you can get the same thing comparably and cheaper...The shipping for the vitamins alone makes shopping around worth it. I also take Vit A 25,000 that I find at the health food store and B12 dots. I also have been chewing multi vitamins regularly their a round gumball looking thing and since doing that I noticed that my weight and energy and everything seems to be going up, up, up...but on the flipside when your healthier unfortunately you get heavier...That just seems to be the way it is...So that is my experience...Hope it helps...

Janie

Most Active
Recent Topics