Gastrojejunal anastomosis

amandahw
on 3/15/14 5:59 am

I have received an approval from my insurance company for a gastrojejunal anastomosis and have been doing a bit of research online and have not really found too much information regarding said surgery. Has anyone heard of this that can explain it better to me and if so, how much were you able to lose after this procedure?

Stephanie M.
on 3/15/14 10:30 am

Sounds like bypass with an intact stomach, creating malabsorption, but not restriction.  Never heard of it, but will ask a friend who is a bariatric nurse.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

MsBatt
on 3/15/14 4:27 pm

What do you have now, and how long ago did you get it? Do you have the code for this procedure? That would REALLY help. It should be on your approval letter.

pineview01
on 3/16/14 4:25 pm - Davison, MI

I heard of it when I first came here.  It may be the description of one way the RNY is done.  I sure wish we could search this forum.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kate -True Brit
on 3/19/14 4:39 am, edited 3/19/14 4:40 am - UK
On March 16, 2014 at 11:25 PM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:

I heard of it when I first came here.  It may be the description of one way the RNY is done.  I sure wish we could search this forum.

Click on the magnifying glass to the right of the blue tool bar. I tried and it came up with several relevant threads

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 3/19/14 10:41 am, edited 3/24/14 10:25 am - Davison, MI

Thank You so much girlfriend!  I haven't been able to search since they changed and took the "search" away.  I didn't realize the magnifying glass meant search and not zoom 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

DrAceves
on 3/24/14 4:09 am - Mexico

It is a gastric bypass, not sure why they are not referring to it as a  gastric bypass but it is a bypass. 

Good luck with you surgery. 

Dr. Alberto Aceves

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-alberto-aceves/

hollykim
on 3/24/14 6:40 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

since it is a gastric bypass, maybe it was coded this way if your insurance doesn't cover wls? Or maybe the surgeon can charge more for this procedure? iDK

amandahw
on 4/14/14 10:51 am

Sorry it took so long to respond but thank all you guys for your help. I had the surgery on the 27th of March and have lost 22 pounds and feel great. I am a bit concerned because I feel as though I can still eat and I don't remember me having that feeling after my original surgery. I had Roux en y gastric bypass in 2003 and that surgery seemed to be so much worse than this one was!

Most Active
Recent Topics