apollo

Anita I.
on 3/25/14 7:39 am - Morehead City, NC

Looking for other members that have had the apollo procedure done.  Want your insight in to this!  Thanks!

pineview01
on 3/25/14 1:42 pm, edited 3/25/14 1:42 pm - Davison, MI

Many have posted about it here but sorry to say, not positive.  Most have no luck and others only very short term.  I was very distressed to hear our center is starting to do it.  They are losing business with bands doing so poorly so are now trying to make it up re-doing RNY.

If you have time scroll back and check out the post.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MsBatt
on 3/26/14 9:31 am

I've been reading here for 10+ years, and I've yet to see anyone have long-term success with any stoma-tightening procedure. Have you considered converting your RNY to a DS? It's a much more complicated procedure, but also a VERY successful one.

heathercross
on 3/30/14 9:42 pm - New York, NY

No disrespect, but the Apollo stitch is not a real surgery. I was approached when they did the trials about 6-8 yrs ago. Its not even covered by insurance.  Please consider a "real" revision like an RNY to RNY, RNY to DS or RNY to Band.

hipswishingvinegarball
on 4/1/14 3:57 am

In 7 years, I haven't heard of any stoma tightening procedure that works. Not apollo, not rose, not stomaphyx, none of them. 

Anita I.
on 5/18/14 8:59 pm - Morehead City, NC

I have decided against the apollo - went to the nutritionist and psy and was told that per their studies patients have only lost 10% of their weight with this!  10%!!!!!  So instead I am doing the 5 day pouch test and trying to get back to what my tool is for!!!!  Started today and will let y'all know how it goes!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics