Sleeve to Bypass Revision: Go to Mexico, or play games with American Surgeons and...

D. Switcher
on 5/6/14 11:32 am

Title pretty much says it all. Sick of the crap and red tape... 

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

MsBatt
on 5/7/14 10:59 am

Why bypass??? I thought you'd been planning on adding the Switch for a full DS.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/7/14 6:13 pm

I'm confused. If you have the sleeve, you have half of the DS, which is a more effective surgery than bypass anyway. 

The ONLY reason I see for butchering a sleeve into a pouch is if a surgeon has limited skill, and only does RNY not DS. I'd never let a surgeons lack of skill dictate what is best for me.

tdbull
on 5/8/14 10:17 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
IDK about revision but I did both bands and now my revision to RNY all as a self pay in MX. Loved every experience and love my surgeon. From the time we decided to revise to the time I got into the OR was just under 2 months, and that was because of my work schedule. It is just so much easier in MX. My brother's Sleeve too almost 2 years before he got approved and went thru all the hoops.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

inluvwithsleevie
on 5/16/14 2:22 am
VSG on 03/08/12

Go to Mexico! Dr. Aceves has done VSG to bypass revisions. He also does the DS but I see you don't want that. I know the RNY works well for sleevers who have bad GERD and acid reflux and yes, you lose some significant weight. Just be sure of what you want before you go under the knife again. But yeah, there are some surgeons in Mexico that are great and you won't have to keep going through B.S. I know you've wanted revision for a long long time now--I say you take the bull by the horns and get what you want. I went to Mexico and I'm glad I did. 

Most Active
Recent Topics