BCBS Denial

nay_nay45
on 5/28/14 6:02 am - Wilson, NC

NC BCBS denied my revision help!!!! I have met deductible twice. Fiscal year starts July. How do I appeal? They say it is not medically necessary?

beautiful24
on 5/28/14 1:10 pm

Where you having any problems. And was it BCBS Federal?

MsBatt
on 5/29/14 11:25 am

They're saying it's not medically necessary. Why are you and your doctor saying that it IS medically necessary? If you can tell us that, maybe we can make some suggestions.

nay_nay45
on 6/2/14 9:06 pm - Wilson, NC

My connection has stretched, my food runs straight through, I do not feel the fullness. This began up to a year after my surgery. I went to Curves everyday they were opened, but found I was gaining weight, continued with my new way of eating small portions, low fat, less white foods, breads, and chewing every bite into the smallest pieces. I did not eat much beef because I found it was harder to digest. The weight on my knees, is unbearable. I have high blood pressure, am borderline type 2 diabetes.

hollykim
on 6/3/14 5:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I am so sorry to say tht unless some of those problems can be seen on an ex ray or an EGD or some other test recognized by the insurance co,they are going to say it is not medically. Necessary and. Deny you. 

Have your surgeon done any of these tests and submitted the results to your insurance?

pineview01
on 6/3/14 7:39 am - Davison, MI

It would have taken a scoop to see the stretched stoma wouldn't it?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics