RNY Revision

beckymay26
on 7/17/14 3:34 am - Canada

Hi everyone I had a post awhile ago about a RNY revision ,I had RNY in sept 2002 with a weight if 330lbs and dropped down to 180lbs and now I am sitting about 290lbs again :( , I searched everywhere in Nova Scotia but with no luck ,I have singed moved to Alberta and had a referral sent in June to the Edmonton revision clinic and I already have an appointment on Sept 4th 2014 , and I was told that my surgery will be booked 4-5 months after my appointment :) I am very excited can anyone help me out with success stories and what I can expect for weight loss this time around I am going to go with the duodenal switch I believe but of course that is up to my surgeon :)

Ladytazz
on 7/17/14 3:47 am

I am a revision, nearly 4 years post op.  I lost 120 originally, to 120 and regained to 220 after about 8 years.  I didn't have a RNY originally, I had a different surgery with a lot of malabsorption.

I have been successful BUT that success has been the direct result of the work I did to understand why I failed the first time and what I would do differently.  I used my experience to my benefit.  For me, I knew I failed because I never addressed my eating issues.  I am a hard core food addict and mistakenly thought that WLS would cure that.  It doesn't.  WLS is a physical treatment to a problem that is mainly emotional in many cases.  It gives you tools to handle the problem but it doesn't cure it.

In my case I am addicted to sugar and refined carbs.  I accepted that I can not eat certain things, even in moderation.  I have been sugar free and gluten free since my surgery and as long as I stay that way I am able to stick to a healthy way of eating the contributes to whatever success I have.

Good luck to you with your revision.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jewels5872
on 7/30/14 11:16 am - orange city, FL

i had rny to rny revision 4 weeks ago.  I was 315 first time around got down to 155 and bounced up to 215. one month out from revision i am 19.5 pounds down  i keep hearing it is slower. nd yes i lost more weight the 1st time around but i do not think 19.5 is bad at all. my goal for next month is 10. feel free to read my blogs i post once a month:)

Most Active
Recent Topics