Doctor Recommendations for Second Opinion in MD

TravelinJen
on 7/20/14 11:40 am

I am looking to get my Lap Band removed and get the Sleeve. However, since I had so many problems with the band, I want a second opinion to make sure that the sleeve is the right choice. I already called UMD Bariatric group and they said they'd check with the doctor, but typically they don't do revisions for people that aren't their patients...never heard back from them. Do any of you recommend anyone else in the Baltimore Metro area? My current doctor is Dr. Singh. I will most likely have him do the surgery, but just wanted a second opinion. 

Thank you! 

Hislady
on 7/20/14 11:57 am - Vancouver, WA

About the only reason not to get the sleeve is if you had reflux before the band. I say before the band because the band itself can cause reflux. So if you didn't have reflux before the band you may not have too much trouble with it with the sleeve. Altho most sleevers suffer with it some for awhile while the stomach is getting used to being a smaller size. Good luck I think you will enjoy the sleeve it works like they told us the band would but it didn't.

pineview01
on 7/22/14 2:04 pm - Davison, MI

I am a band to sleeve.  Many won't work on others patient.  You can go to most of their info seminars though.

I lost all my weight with the sleeve even though they said I wouldn't lose as much or as fast as a virgin sleeve. They were wrong.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics