Slow Weight Loss

schmidtavon
on 7/28/14 5:55 am
VSG on 02/10/14 with
Has anyone experienced slower weight loss after lap band to revision surgery? I know we all lose weight at different rates, but any ideas on how to get passed a long stall? I am 5 1/2 months out. I have lost 47 pounds which I am NOT complaining about I just need to get the next 53 off. =)

Protein 80-100 grams
Water 100 ounces
Carbs under 40
Calories 800-1000

I have been swimming, walking, and recently started trampoline fitness.
Ladyk5533
on 7/28/14 12:18 pm

How do you deal with the head hunger!! I'm only 5 days out from RNY revision and I keep thinking I'm hungry and want to eat something!! My emotions are jumping all over the place! Temptation is tough......I've been staying at my dgtr's house since surgery and they have all kind of snacks around.  I'm feeling guilty because I could not resist eating 2 small yellow corn small tortilla chips.....I needed something crunchy!!   I will be going home 2morrow where I have no munchies!! Any suggestions? 

Hislady
on 7/29/14 4:58 am - Vancouver, WA

It is very common to lose slower with a revision surgery so just keep plugging away. It looks like you are doing it all right by the numbers you posted. You might try shaking things up a bit by lowering your carbs to 20 and keeping your calories between 600-800, maybe alternate between your current numbers and the lower numbers. Our bodies tend to get used to what we are doing and need to be rattled every know and then. You might also double check weighing and measuring your portion sizes. Sometime we start to eyeball them and we lose sight of the proper amount.

To the OP, your emotions are going to be roller coaster for several weeks especially while in the weight loss phase because rapid weight loss releases hormones into the system which affect your mood so you will just have to ride them out for awhile. As for head hunger about all you can do is distract yourself with a hobby or take a walk. You absolutely CAN NOT eat solid food unless you want to end up with a leak or worse. You have stitches in your stomach and if you eat solid food it causes the stomach to churn to digest it. That is a quick way to end up back in the hospital with a leak or worse. No matter how much you chew the stomach still has to digest it. So find you a hobby pronto!

Most Active
Recent Topics