Band to Bypass Surgery Scheduled for Aug 25!!!

56sunShine14
on 8/18/14 1:59 am

After weeks of aingst, ebonymc, I decided that I would take whichever surgery the surgeon and my insurance agreed on, RNY or Sleeve.  Just get it done and let me find the life I have been looking for all my years.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Ju1ieg
on 8/17/14 7:53 am - Lone Jack , MO

Congrats, your half way there with your band gone.  I am having my band removed tomorrow, can't wait to get rid of it.  My sleeve is scheduled for 10/13.  I was wondering if you had any recovery issues with your removal?  When I got my band I was out shopping the next day, I'm expecting the removal to be as easy, was yours?

56sunShine14
on 8/18/14 1:57 am

Hi Ju1ieg,

Well...today is your day!  Yay for you!  Mine went well, I stayed one night and at this very moment, don't remember any of it.  They had the best of staff all the way around and I could easily have stayed another night but knew my doggies were wondering where I was. LOL.  I did well, just a tiny bit sore and lot (8) of incisions but all went well.  Since I am looking forward to the sleeve, doc wants me to keep to very small portions and today, after a few food funerals, I am back on my full liquids diet.  My choice.  I want to get the 50 pounds off that will keep me from surgery.  I lost 10 from the liquid diet pre-surg.

Good luck, let me know how you are doing!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Margeson2012
on 8/17/14 11:35 pm

My original doctor told me he would do it only in one surgery - i found out it has nothing to do with risk ( you actually put yourself in more risk with two surgeries) but everything to do with that doctors insurance and how the hospital they do surgery in work. Dr. Barker is a top surgeon in this field in Texas and he did my bothers surgery so I trusted his experience and regret not going with him in the first place. Hope your healing up well and the next surgery goes well if you decide to have it!

56sunShine14
on 8/18/14 2:02 am

Hi Margeson2012,  it all depends on the doc and the insurance, and the overall health of the patient.  I honestly think the doc might make more money in 2 surgeries than in one since he certainly doesn't spend much time talking to me in my appts. LOL  I don't care, just let's get this done.  My surgeon is the head of the General Surgery at a very known hospital, He has given me no reason to distrust him and is fine with me.

I am healing well, a few that can't keep the scabs on long enough to go away, they are in bad places.  But doing well.

Karen

Margeson2012
on 8/18/14 2:08 am

If you are comfortable with him that's great! I know the issue of bad locations of incisions .... my belly button one has gave me issues since day 1 and it actually tore open. Continue to heal up and rock on!

Most Active
Recent Topics