Endoscopic RNY revision Apollo over stitch

Joy L.
on 1/4/15 10:58 am - Lawrenceville, GA

Compared to the original surgery has it been easier?

Joyful                             
RNY - 6/3/08 
Start-328.8  Now 239 Goal 165

nina144
on 1/4/15 11:24 am

This was not as drastic but I did have some complications. I was vomiting dry heaves like crazy when I woke up. Could have been from the pain meds. So they kept me overnight. I had a bit of pain. Like pressure. Very very tired for over a week   The dr said my astoma was excessively large and he did a lot of work so that was why I had some pain. But other than that. I'm good. Just very tired  I am on liquids but started cottage cheese   I have diet jello diet pudding protein shakes soups water  Tuesday is wk 3. I will try a scrambled egg with my liquids. One day at a time. I Need to work on drinking more water. Dr said that's why I'm feeling so tired    I just hope I have my tool back to help me get back on track. Funny how I'm craving only good foods chicken and greens.   I can't wait to eat a piece of chicken breast  and broccoli.   So I guess that's a good thing

nina144
on 1/28/15 2:11 am

Ellen how are u doing.  

nina144
on 12/15/14 9:44 pm

On my way to hospital right now. Very nervous 

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/15 10:19 am

Nina and/or Ellen--

How long did you take off from work? Strangely, of all the instructions I've been given, time off for recovery has never been mentioned. My boss is very supportive, so I can do what I need. But I HATE to miss work, so I was hoping to go back the next day. I work in a bank, it's not exactly strenuous...

nina144
on 1/6/15 10:38 am

I can't speak for anyone else. I had to stay in the hospital overnight. I took off 2 wks   I'm still extrey tired and not feeling 100% yet    But everyone's different. My dr did a lot and I had some minor complications with major nausea and dry heaves upon awaking along with some strong pressure on my tummy  the kept me overnight. I would definitely Talk to your doctor  no way can u go to work the next day about it 

where and when will u be having it done?

MichelleKC
on 1/28/15 2:04 am - KC, MO

Did insurance cover this?

nina144
on 1/28/15 2:09 am

My PPO did yes

MichelleKC
on 2/12/15 4:31 am - KC, MO

How much weight have you lost?

nina144
on 2/12/15 5:05 am

Most Active