Anyone Revisions from Lapband to Sleeve.....share your experience!!!

ordersteps
on 1/29/15 7:36 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Just looking to talk to others that have had revisions from Lap band to sleeve. How are you feeling, how much weight have you lost ect......

Hislady
on 1/29/15 11:16 am - Vancouver, WA

I had planned to but wasn't able because of other health issues but I do know many others who have revised from band to sleeve. It is very common since the band has turned out to be such a huge failure for most of us. I only know of 2 people who were unhappy with their sleeves and it was just a matter of they really liked their bands and didn't like the change. They lost weight just fine and have succeeded to their goals it was just a matter of preference for them. I would have no problem urging someone to have the sleeve it is an excellent surgery and I so wish I could have gone ahead with my plans for one!

ordersteps
on 1/29/15 2:04 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Hello, thank you so much for your response very encouraging. I think I am too am making the right decision. 

Thank you again

BrendaRae
on 1/30/15 12:31 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

I had the lap band removed and was sleeved on Jan 13th, down 16 lbs since surgery and 30 since preop. 

Love love it! Never hungry And so glad that "stuck" feeling is gone! Good luck!

ordersteps
on 1/30/15 1:11 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Thank you BrendaRae,

Yes indeed so YOU KNOW, that chocker experience of the lap band....could not do it anymore.  So does your stomach feel different?

BrendaRae
on 1/31/15 11:36 am
VSG on 01/13/15

I have not been hungry once since the surgery .  Right now I'm on pureed foods and doing very well. No pain in my stomach .  And after I eat a tablespoon  or two I Am full. 

ordersteps
on 1/31/15 1:27 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

That is great, when was your surgery?

ordersteps
on 1/31/15 1:28 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

That's right the 13th.....that is awesome.  So in a few weeks 28lbs....Your Go Girl...where are you, state wise?

BrendaRae
on 2/10/15 11:51 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Mississippi  😊

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 1:14 am

I wish I could say that it was a great experience.  Unfortunately, I was hungry literally before I even left the hospital and I've always been able to eat much more than I ever though any "sleeved" patient should be able too.  I loved my band and have said many times how much I miss my band.  I obviously have read many many stories of success with band to sleeve revision, I'm just not one of them.

Most Active
Recent Topics