Oh well no revision for me

shawn31
on 4/2/15 4:34 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

Thank you all for the kind words and insensitive ones.. Lol! It's difficult for me but I will push through some way

Zee Starrlite
on 4/2/15 5:40 am, edited 4/2/15 5:45 am

Shawn I promise you will be okay.  I thought I would die when I went in to have my band removed and then after a year of waiting for hospital approval to perform at the time of removal an experimental procedure (a Vertical Sleeve Plication).  Right before they put me under I said wait . . .  call my surgeon.  I don't want a revision, I just want my band removed.

I woke up with I felt nothing!  No band, nothing.  I was inconsolable.  I hated the nurses for saying in recovery - "don't worry honey, your stomach will still feel like it has the band on it, you will still have restriction".  I was thinking f you, f everybody - though my mannerisms are never like that.  I had no restriction with the band inflated - it was like wearing a bracelet on my ring finger.  I felt I screwed up chosing not to revise!

6 months later. 1 foot in, 1 foot out until the very last minute - I was terrified about  cutting my stomach out I had a vertical sleeve Gastrectomy.  Yeah, me, I did that and I have no regrets about my journey.

I have to tell you that I was sick with the band in ways that I can't explain.  My skin was so sick looking and scaly.  And I was eating healthy.  That resolved upon removal.  I thought the band was the best, I did not want to let it go because for once in my life I was thin.  I was thin because I not only ate right, My biggest issue "Night Eating" was resolved completely because I was terrified of choking from the band.  I had a couple of those episodes and night cough. I was completely traumatized.  Oh God when I think about my story - there is so much to tell but I do not want to revisit those times.

You will find a solution Shawn just hold tight and don't force anything.  Mostly be kind to yourself.

(((HUGS)))

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics