Revision RYGB

Kchandler
on 4/27/15 7:43 am - Loganville, GA

i am 20 years post op roux en y GB. I lost 181 lbs within the first 15 months and would redo it all again. Going from 300+ lbs to 119 changed my life. As time has passed my stomach (pouch) seems to hold more and I don't feel full as quickly as I did before. I have gained 41 lbs and want a revision. I have had several of the sclerotherapy 4 times and it didn't seem to help. My RYGB was done before laparoscopic was introduced, so I was cut from the top of my breast bone down to my belly button. I have since had a tummy tuck, breast implants, butt/thigh lift, lipo, complete face lift, and arm revision. I go through surgery very well and am good patient, wanting a GB revision but don't know my options. My surgeon is outstanding but has since retired. What would doctors recommend?

Hislady
on 4/30/15 11:16 am - Vancouver, WA

I don't think there is anyone here who is really qualified to advise you. You might try posting this on your state's forum and see if you get any response. Good luck to you i hope you are able to find someone to help you!

Carolann Ruthenberg
on 5/3/15 3:01 am - Clermont, FL

Hi there....Why don't you have a gastroenterologist do an endoscopy to measure the size of your stoma (pouch).  It should measure between 16-20centimeters.  Then, you will know if the pouch has enlarged.  I have had 3 Sclerotherapy treatments by Dr. Randal Baker in Grand Rapids, Michigan and I live in Florida.  If your pouch is within the guidelines of what they call the "honeymoon period after RNY surgery" then you can start looking at your food and your exercise.  What do ya tink?

An inch is a cinch but a yard is hard so just take one day at-a-time.  You can do this!!! ♡♡  

missycj081507
on 5/4/15 9:06 am - Lexington, IN

I am 10 years post opt and have gained back all but 40 lbs of my original weight of 409. I am looking into having a revision as well. I am making an appointment with an amazing surgeon in Seymour, Indiana. And of course I have several questions for him. I hope that you can find the answers you are seeking. I wish you the best.

jrolfson2000
on 5/28/15 3:45 pm

Hi...I'm similar to you had Gastric Stapling in 1979 ten years later staples pulled out and revised to the new Gastric Bypass 1989. I maintained my weight for many years but was starting to not feel full anymore and decided to revise to a ERNY that was in 2009.  I have maintained a weight of 136 for the past 6 years but once again my body seems to have adapted to the surgery and I'm looking to revise. I know the cadillac revision is to a full DS. Where your GB is completely taken down, stomach re-opened, sleeved and common channel is shortened. But it's expensive and most insurance companies do not pay for this revision. However, it's highly successful. The next option and what I'm considering is the Overstitch Procedure which sounds a little like Sclerotherapy, but Overstitch is supposed to be more successful, much cheaper and not invasive. So anyone out there that has any information or has had the Overstitch I would sure like to know how it's going for you.

Good Luck Kchandler...Revisions are difficult to get done and hard to get covered.

Most Active
Recent Topics