what in the world is this?

AmyDee123
on 5/31/15 10:09 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I have the band.   It's completely empty.   I used to suffer from constant reflux and GERD.  It's why I'm getting a revision.   I'm on my pre-op diet and definitely not over filling my stomach.   So why am I sitting here in bed unable to sleep, awful reflux, and referred passion in my shoulder and clavicle?!  Anyone dealt with this?   I've tried switching positions and drinking some warm water.   Nothing is helping.   I'm so frustrated, the reflux is making my hunger soar, and I desperately want to get this surgery over with. 

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

payton
on 6/1/15 6:58 am

Hello

I have the sleeve and suffer from heartburn and I have a hiatal hernia. Hopefully, I will get the revision to the bypass. I have also felt pain in my shoulder. Maybe you should ask you doctor to check for gallstones and your gall bladder. I spoke with a women who had the sleeve and she was feeling that pain in her back. They found out she had gallstones. Once she got it removed she felt better.

Payton

AmyDee123
on 6/1/15 7:10 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately my gallbladder is already removed so that doesn't put a possible answer in my basket.  I woke up this morning and the reflux was bad but the referred pain was gone.  I drank my protein drink, and have been drinking a ton of water hoping I can just wash out my stomach and keep the hunger pangs down.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

ladygodiva1228
on 6/1/15 11:29 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Before I had my band out I had similar pain.  Thought it was from my port which was on my left side.  When I finally had my revision it turned out that my band had scar tissue around it (which we kind of knew) and it was very inflamed.  That was what was causing me most of my pain. 

The pain would radiate from my left side just below my rib cage up into my left shoulder and down my breast bone.  The heartburn was awful 24/7 popping tums like candy.

Being pain free since the revision is one of the best things that happened.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

payton4
on 6/15/15 9:13 am

Did you have the revision from the band to RNY? I might be getting a revision from the sleeve to the RNY because of sever heartburn and hiatal hernia. The heartburn is so bad that I get the nasty acid taste in my mouth.

How long did it take after having your revision for you not to feel any heartburn symptoms? Also, after my revision I don't want to lose to much weight. Have you lost weight after your revision? If so, much?

ladygodiva1228
on 6/15/15 2:22 am, edited 6/15/15 2:22 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I did revise from the band to the bypass. 

My heartburn symptoms were gone as soon as I was out of surgery and so far they have not come back.

I have lost almost 60lbs since my revision, but I gained weight before the revision due to band complications so I have weight to lose.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Hislady
on 6/1/15 3:27 pm - Vancouver, WA

What LadyGodiva said, even empty the scar tissue continues to build up between the band and your stomach so it continues to cause problems. The referred left shoulder pain is from pressure or damage to the vagus nerve and may or may not go away after removal. As for the GERD and reflux that should hopefully go away once the band is removed. Hang in there it should all be better soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics