Has anyone used North Jersey Bariatrics

Tammy P
on 6/18/15 9:15 am - Brooklyn, NY

Has anyone had revised RNY surgery with North Jersey Bariatrics?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/25/15 8:17 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I had my RNY with Ajay Goyal of NJBariatric Center.

I am only 6 months out, but I picked him because he recognized that one surgery may not be all I need.  I wanted to make sure that if I need future 'pouch adjustments' he would be on my side.  Here is his webpage that addresses possible revisions:

http://www.njbariatriccenter.com/weight-loss-surgery/bariatric-surgery/revision-surgery/

He is in Springfield, New Jersey, but thought that the info on revision techniques was helpful.

If he is not on your insurance, talk to the office and they may try to work with what you have.

Best of everything,

(reply if you need more info)

Sharon

Tammy P
on 7/8/15 6:46 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Thanks Sharon for this info, I truly appreciate it. 

MrsIzzy
on 7/6/15 8:54 am - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

I had my revision surgery with Dr. Bilof of Garden State Bariatrics. They have offices in Millburn & Toms River. Excellent staff and doctors,  they don't skip a beat. My revision was RNY to DS surgery was July 1st and Dr. Bilof was there every step, even gave me his cell number. 

Tammy P
on 7/8/15 6:53 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Thanks MrsIzzy, for your response. Do you mind if I ask you the steps that you went through to get the revision?  So far, I've had a cat scan, upper GI and doing an endoscopy this coming Monday. After all this is done, I will then see what's next. Is the insurance process long? I have united health care. 

MrsIzzy
on 7/8/15 8:53 pm - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

Hi Tammy,

I have Aetna and my process was either a 3 month or 6 month track of nutrition visits.  I also had to do the upper gi, chest xray, endoscopy, bloodwork, ekgs, leg ultrasound to check for blood clots. They have a coordinator there that helps you through the entire process,  she's phenomenal!  I had to obtain documents from my previous surgery as we and they helped me get all that, I didn't have to do anything!  I also had to do a test where they checked my stomach to see if it was still viable to make sure I could even have a revision.  It seems like a lot but they made the process very easy.

Most Active
Recent Topics