Revision of Gastric bypass. Can anyone relate?

Staci L.
on 7/5/15 9:09 pm, edited 7/7/15 9:41 am - Snellville, GA

Hello all,

I must admit that it's been a looong 10 years since I've been in this site. However, I'm now a candidate for the revision of the Gastric Bypass with another Gastric Bypass Revision. My EGD is scheduled for the 22nd and I think my surgery is scheduled for the 6th of August. For some reason this process is moving along a whole heck of a lot faster than I can remember from the initial surgery in 2004. I'm using the same surgeon, so I kind of know what to expect. 

Is there anyone out there that's been in my shoes? If so, I welcome all helpful suggestions.

MrsIzzy
on 7/6/15 8:40 am - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

Hi Staci,

I just had revisional surgery to a DS from RNY on July 1st. My original RNY was in April 2007, I lost a lot of weight quickly but over the years it came back on even though I wasn't eating that much. My surgeon only does revisions to a DS because he feels it is most effective and will give the best long term results.  My insurance required me to go through 4 months of nutrition visits and medical testing.  They even denied my claim at first, my doctor had to call them to get approval. I'm only 5 days out and feeling better each day. Good Luck to you.  Check into DS and make sure doc is good, the revision isn't an easy.surgery.

Staci L.
on 7/6/15 2:58 pm - Snellville, GA

Hello Ms. Izzy,

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your second journey to a health lifestyle. So glad that we have another opportunity to get it right. I'm also glad that you;re feeling better each day. May I ask what insurance company you went through? From the way that my doctor's office is moving, I think i may have to only attend one Nutritionist appt (she's located in the MD's office).

MrsIzzy
on 7/6/15 8:03 pm - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

Thank you,  I am excited for this 2nd opportunity I've been given.  My current insurance is Aetna,  Freedom Plan through New Jersey. It's a pretty good insurance plan since it's through the state. Good luck with yours and hopefully things move along  quickly for you. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Staci L.
on 7/7/15 9:38 am - Snellville, GA

Hello MrsIzzy,

I turly hope everything goes, well. Keep me posted on your progress.

mcaines
on 7/8/15 9:49 am - Pikeville, KY

Definitely revision. It really works

tyann1967
on 7/6/15 9:01 am

Yes I sure can, my revision is scheduled for July 22. 

Its been 9 years, I lost 225# and gained 100# back :-(

I'm excited to get back on track!!

Staci L.
on 7/6/15 3:01 pm - Snellville, GA

Wow! So, you're doing a GB revison on a GB? Seems like you and I were walking in the same exact shoes. I look at the pics that are in the profile and it saddened me because I remember when I was that small. I was so happy. Not saying that I'm not happy, now. But, it would be nice to be able to tie my shoes comfortably again, be able to have the option to shop at any store for clothes, etc...

What are your thoughts of when you were smaller?

nana-grandma
on 7/7/15 10:05 am - Farmington, MO

Staci-

I had RNY gastric Bypass in Sept 2002.  I lost 180 lbs.  Felt great. No problems.I came off of disability.  I went back to college.  Went back to work. Everything was wonderful.  Then after 7 yrs my foot broke...I was just standing in one spot and I helped the Dr. move a pt and...POP...it just broke!  Everyone in the room heard it POP!  From there my life just spiraled down, down, down!  Joints started swelling arthritis, .   fibromyalgia, ...EVERYTHING I had problems with returned. Couldn't work any longer... Back on disability...steroid shots...too many to count,,,prednisone...gained 100 lbs back. I want to try to get a revision.  I don't know what to do......Good Luck to you Staci..Who is your dr?

~Nana~Grandma~

Staci L.
on 7/7/15 10:17 am - Snellville, GA

Hello Nana-grandma,

Dr. Duncan at Peachtree Bariatrics located in Atlanta, Ga. Since it's been almost 11 years I didn't know what to do either. Until now. I gave them a call, went for my Revision Consultation on June 22nd and I am now scheduled for an EGD on July 22nd. Everything is moving so quikcly. Nothing like the drag in the timeline when I was having the surgery for the first time.

Do you have any plans for a revision?

Most Active
Recent Topics