2days since revision

moviemum
on 10/15/15 12:00 pm

i have a low grade fever. And I'm Coughing.

Had slipped lap band revision to gastric bypass. My surgeon said due to leakage potential, he advised me to get the bypass. Wtvr. What's done is done.

I dont one have much pain and aside from nausea the first day, things are going well, 3rd day! But I have this fever and I'm going to take the liquid Tylenol in order to break the fever.

Id hate to go back into the hosp. Are chills and low grade fever normal? I called my surgeons office at noon and so far, no call back.

ShebasMom
on 10/15/15 7:52 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

No, not normal. What are you calling low grade? Do you think your coughing has anything to do with your chills and fever? I hope your surgeon's office called back, because it sounds like you need to be seen by a doctor.

moviemum
on 10/16/15 2:39 am

thanks for answering. Theyfinally called back 5 hours later! and said up to 100.1 is normal and that I shouldn't be worried.

Thankfully I have a forum like this to research from. So far, so good. Fever remains down since last night but we shall see.

Thank you!

Zee Starrlite
on 10/16/15 11:53 am

No, No, No - get checked. Didn't they tell you that a fever is the first sign of a leak! Maybe it is not that but a fever is always a sign to run and take action.

All Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Whit
on 10/17/15 4:32 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I also think you should go to the ER. If you are worried then do it. I had a leak luckily it was detected while I was in the hospital. 3 weeks total stay after my revision RNY to DS. Better to be sure then risk it. IMO.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Also you can make the RNY work for you. Try to follow the food rules. It does work for some. Why not you?

Best

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

moviemum
on 10/18/15 8:58 am

I'm doing well. Fever gone and I am experiencing zero pain.

I am experiencing reflux. So I'm researching all abt that. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know for certain if the surgeon fixed my hernia, I'm assuming he did. Aside from that, I have no complaints. I do have the feeling that sometimes I'm weak or shaky inside and I attribute that to my low calorie count. Drinking protein of course and electrolyte drinks.

Looking forward to to starting puréed food Wednesday!

Most Active
Recent Topics