8 weeks post op- revision from band to rny

hteadtbear
on 10/28/15 10:34 am
RNY on 09/01/15

I had the revision surgery on Sept 1st. I had the lap band in 2008 but had some issues that required it to be removed. I had both the removal and the revision to gastric bypass at the same time.

I felt such a difference right after the surgery. I had such issues with the band I was happy to have it out. It was so much easier to swallow water!!

I have lost 34 1bs since surgery. I actually lost 30 of those in the 1st 4 weeks so I have been a little surprised that I have only lost 4 lbs in the last 4 weeks. I am happy with my weight loss so far but I was thinking it would come off a little quicker the 1st few months but I am aware things have changed in my body and I am getting use to all those changes. I am also aware there are "stalls" in weight loss.

Overall I do feel so much better already and I am looking forward to feeling even better.

Catherine-Mo
on 10/29/15 7:10 am
RNY on 05/18/15

I can relate. I had the lap band and then did revision surgery to rny in May. I lost alot initially and then stalled for a long while. Weight loss will pick up again. Just keep following the rules and you will be fine. You are headed in the right direction!!

hteadtbear
on 10/29/15 10:02 am
RNY on 09/01/15

Thanks for the encouragement!! I do feel much better already.

How do you get the ticker to show?

Pam

Karen D.
on 10/30/15 10:33 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Glad to hear you're doing good! I'm having my band out (had it in 2006) on 11/24 revising to sleeve. Hoping it can be done in one surgery!

Congrats on your loss :)

hteadtbear
on 10/30/15 12:57 pm
RNY on 09/01/15

My surgeon preferred to do them both at the same time which I was happy for. I did take a whole 6 weeks off for recovery. I probably could have went back to work if I had to after 4 or 5 weeks but I am glad I took the whole 6 weeks. Good luck to you

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/15 11:12 pm - Russia

hey, thanks for telling us about your satisfaction level about the surgery you have done. i want to get myself release from this bulky shape. I wish I could see more pictures right after your surgery. I am looking for best hospital in Korea for having liposuction on arms and tummy tuck reduction very soon. i have been doing research for that. 

Most Active
Recent Topics