Weight loss surgry on 20/10/15

Cry1984
on 11/2/15 10:43 pm, edited 11/2/15 10:45 pm

I lost 6 kg mean 13 lbs in first week now not loosing a bit . Costipation problem and only on liquid pulse diet. My surgery was vsg to mini gastric bypass. Pls help. Why iam not loosing.

Sweebra
on 11/3/15 4:26 am

I sort have experienced the same thing. When I left the hospital I had lost 4.5 kg but when I got home I had gained. I was devastated but then I just kept at it. I drink all my water and try to get as much protein as possible. Last week the pounds just fell off and I ended up losing 25 lbs total for the month but this week I'm up a pound then down a pound, up two pounds down one. It's a roller coaster. My suggestion is just follow your plan and step away from the scale for a few days or even a week. I would say things about nutrition and stuff but you're only a couple of weeks post op so really there isn't much to watch since you're not eating solids yet. That just tells me you're healing still and don't panic yet. Maybe you'll be like me, lose weight in chunks rather than a steady decrease. I hope things turn around soon. I really do understand your frustration but 6kg is gone and I'm sure more will follow:)

Cry1984
on 11/3/15 9:20 pm

thanks dear thanks for support you reduced my worry . yes dear i will follow.

clnewsome_85
on 11/3/15 3:57 pm
RNY on 10/19/15

I had revision from lap band to RNY on 10/19...i lost 13 poinds the first 2 weeks and now nothing. I guess this is called the 3 week stall? I promised myself yesterday i was not getting on the scale until my 1 month appointment because i was so dissapointed. Just focus on your diet and keep on track! I am now semi solid foods this week...yogurt, cottage cheese, cloudy soups and eggs. Im sure our bodies are just trying to figure out what the heck is going on! Let me know how it goes for you and Ill keep you posted!

Chels

Cry1984
on 11/3/15 9:18 pm

i will thanks now u reduced my worry iam not the alone one. i will discuss the developments further.

Maraki
on 11/4/15 4:18 pm - MA

How do you feel in general after the surgery! We're you up and going right away or in a lot of pain? So curious because I'm s heduled for surgery on the 18th of December

Maraki
on 11/4/15 4:27 pm - MA

How do you feel in general after the surgery! We're you up and going right away or in a lot of pain? So curious because I'm s heduled for surgery on the 18th of December

clnewsome_85
on 11/4/15 4:40 pm
RNY on 10/19/15

Honestly, my gallbladder surgery was worse. I was never in significant pain after my revision/RNY. I little discomfort but nothing bad. I was up and moving right away.... I walked constantly at the hospital. The day I came home, two days after surgery, I took it easy. Then I was bored. I went back to work after a week with no pain or discomfort. I also went back to the gym to walk and bike. I am not into my third week and feel like I had nothing done (except I'm never hungry) I'm working hard at getting in my protein and water.

My ivs were the worse part of the entire thing!

I started red vitamins and soft food this week and am able to tolerate everything so far. I have not been overly tiered or worn down. I hope yours goes as smoothly and easily as mine!! Where are you having surgery? My doctor and his staff are treuly a blessing and I could not have asked for a better group of physicians!

Cry1984
on 11/5/15 2:16 am

dear having a pain after revision surgery becoz doc told me in pre surgery my stomac and liver got stick together. which is normal they remove them ,after five days pain was gone . constipation n cramps r endless. so my revision is not smooth previously vsg was smooth. 

MaryFulps
on 11/8/15 5:30 pm

Hello ~

I had revision from lap band to RNY on September 28.  I, too, and struggling with constipation.  Milk of Magnesia isn't working - thinking of dynamite! ;-D  I think the suggestion to stay away from the scale for a bit is a good one.  Also, call your doctor regarding the constipation - you can't allow this to go on for too long, as it can make you sick.  It also may be why your weight loss has stalled.  Don't worry - this too shall pass!

Mary

Most Active
Recent Topics