My revision is on: going from RNY to Distal!!!

tinatwoishere
on 11/12/15 11:21 am

Hello I'm Tina King and my surgery is on for this Monday the 16th!! I'm very happy and to get ready for the surgery

they wanted me to lose weight and I did! I started their diet on Aug. 1st and they put me on a very high protein and no

carb diet and wanted 40 pounds loss. While I had my pre-op yesterday when I got weight again I have lost 48 pounds

since they put my on the diet and of course now I'm on my total liquid diet now that I started on the 9th! I feel good

and can't wait for Monday!!!

Tina

Feb. 26, 2008 had RNY SW:436 EW:197 LW:239....

Now after 2 tragic in my life...Now revision w/ Distal Gastric Bypass

Zee Starrlite
on 11/13/15 1:31 pm

Hi Tina,

Did you consider a revision to a duodenal switch?  

Wow, I am so sorry for all that has happened in your life. None of us can escape living while we have breath.  Things keep on moving, keep on changing.  Lots of things happen both good and bad and in-between.  My prayer would be for me learning not to pick-up food during any of those times, yet I do.

I am sorry too that you gained all your weight back and then some.  502lbs - a DS would be the best choice unless there was some reason you could not have one.  I forget how they say . . . a distal RNY is all the complications less the benefits of a DS.  You will really need to learn how to take care of yourself post op with either one.  Never skip your vitamins nor supplements even for one day.

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/15 8:26 pm

Good luck with your surgery. It sounds as if you ahev very very well preparing and I hope you do just as well after the surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics