Question about medication

cmcelfish
on 11/17/15 9:55 am

I am having the vertical sleeve I have question about pill size. Some of my medication the pills are large. Some can ce crusher some are time reliece can't be crushed. Most vitamins care large pills I did not know if large pills will cause problems with sleeve. At one time my lap band I got pills stuched in band was not fun .Some pills are difficult to change like seizure and depression meds. Thank you.  Jor

ShebasMom
on 11/19/15 3:20 pm, edited 11/19/15 7:22 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Usually during the early phases post-op the surgeon will advise on taking pills verses chewable.  For my rny, I had to get chewable vitamins, BUT my pain med was a big pill that I took 4x day without problems, lol. That being said, your new sleeve (like my pouch) will be swollen for several weeks, and that is why you have to sip, sip sip. I also take an antidepressant too and was able to take it without difficulty. But I can take my pills with sips of water, are you able to do that? Taking big gulps or too much fluid at one time could make you throw it back up. The only reason your pills would get "stuck" with a sleeve is a stricture, which can happen due to band erosion. Good luck on your surgery. (I'm waiting for insurance to OK my revision to a DS)

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

cmcelfish
on 11/19/15 4:23 pm

Thank you for writing. By the middle of Dec. I will have everything done except for the scoop test. I got two letters of medical necessity today strong ones so I feel like I might be on track. It's been almost 4" weeks since my first meeting with the dr . I can't wait..Good luck waiting for insurance approval must be hard

Most Active
Recent Topics