Considering revision from VSG to RNY -- Has anyone done this

Lucyvanpelt
on 1/14/16 6:10 am

Hi everyone! I loved my sleeve but it didn't love me back. I don't know if it has stretched or if a series of significant stressors (family deaths, job loss, etc) caused me to eat more. I gained enough so that I'm now facing the same health issues I had in the first place: joint pain, herniated disc, things that make significant exercise nearly impossible Would love to hear from any and all who have had revisions of any kind, but especially VSG to RNY.

mns2lv4ever
on 1/15/16 6:05 am - Long Island, NY

I am scheduled for this revision,  I have been suffering from Acid Reflux since surgery. I had 4 endoscopy's done since having my VSG in 2011 they finally did the PH test and it came back that I had severe Reflux. I was originally looking into another surgery they do for acid reflux, but my surgeon said because I had the VSG I could not have that particular surgery that I would have to do the RNY.  I did gain some weight back, about 40 lbs a lot of that is due to be down for 8 weeks after my tummy tuck, and as soon as I got cleared to start exercising I started walking and step off a curb the wrong way and threw out my back and was bed ridding for 2 mos.  I am the type of person that has to diet and exercise to maintain it can't be one or the other. I started eating right again, and the weight did start coming back off, but I can't live with this terrible acid reflux.  I wake up in the middle of the night chocking on acid vomit it's horrible.  I'm really nervous about having this surgery, but I don't see any other solution for resolving my Reflux.

Indygirl72
on 1/15/16 7:06 pm
VSG on 11/22/12

I have the acid too - had it since surgery in 2012, but has gotten substantially worse the last year and a half. I'm interested in what you decide. I go to dr this Thursday to see about revision. The acid is too much to deal with. I am trying the Reza Band, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Waking up choking on acid in the middle of the night is super scary!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics