3 weeks post op question

Kris G.
on 1/28/16 6:21 pm

I just started purée stage yesterday I haven't eaten a lot but I thought it would give me a full feeling, I just had about 1/3 c of cottage cheese blended up and 1/3 c retried beans and I expected to have a full feeling it was the same yesterday. I'm starting to think I didn't have revision to RNY at all. Is that normal to not feel a lot from this stage?

ladygodiva1228
on 1/29/16 6:45 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

The nerves that were cut take awhile to heal so it is very normal to not having that full feeling at 3 weeks out.  Some people don't get the feeling back for several months. 

Make sure you measure everything and stick to the appropriate amounts that were given to you by your doctor.  For me at 3 weeks out I was eating 1/4 cup of soft foods 3 times a day with one protein shake.  That is what my doctor called for.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

cajunlady1958
on 1/29/16 7:24 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I just had my 3 week post op check up and I asked the doctor the same question. He said with all the restructuring he did my nerves in my stomach will take a while to heal and he said that I would really feel that food sensation when I start eating more dense proteins.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/12/16 4:23 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Healthy refried beans - or from a can?   If from a can - I would suggest that you avoid processed foods and retrain your palate for long term healthy eating.  Label reading will be a friend.

Sharon

BikeDiva13
on 3/23/16 4:32 pm, edited 3/23/16 9:33 am
RNY on 05/07/03 with

Hi, I am 2 weeks post op and today started my 3rd week. I started the puree diet and I can only have 4 oz of food. I did not feel full at all, but I did not want to test the waters. I am so afraid that I will break my stitches loose, lol !  I had the endoscopic  jejunostomy  revision .  How are you doing now?

Most Active
Recent Topics